When I watch a show while it is recording, at the end of the show the DVR does not return to the DVR menu. It just keeps playing the channel that was recording. Do others have this problem?
If you are watching something while it's recording and decide to stop it momentarily, the same thing happens, you can't get out of it. Changing the channel is the only way out that I've noticed.
This is one of several behavior quirks of the Verizon 6416 that I find annoying and somewhat confusing. I'm not sure of the circumstances, but when you select a show to watch from the DVR menu you get a choice of starting from the beginning or continuing from where you left off. Sometimes you don't get the choice even though I've watched part of the show. This might also happen on shows that are currently recording.
I have a TiVo with cable cards which I use most often. It doesn't have these quirks.
There is a solution (according to Verizon) that fixes this and many other problems including returning to the same point in a paused live broadcast after going to a recorded program.
1) Go to Menu->Settings and press OK
2) Go to System Info and press OK
3) The screen will not change, enter the numbers, 4883 and press OK.
4) Do steps 1 through 3 two more times for a total of 3 times.
5) Unplug the receiver, wait 30 seconds and plug it back in.
6) Wait until the clock appears steadily and push the power button on the box
There you go.