Switch Account

DVR issues

Highlighted
Bronze Contributor I
Bronze Contributor I

DVR issues

Message 1 of 2
(2,547 Views)

This has happened several times now....... I go to the guide and find that it is two or three hours behind... I try to advance it to the correct time frame and it won't move. Finally after repeated attempts it does move forward...very slowly......

Another issue.... I go to on demand and select a show and I get the message that "my request cannot be filled at this time". Nothing will work on demand.....

Another issue..... I press the on demand button and sometimes  the picture goes blank and the DVR trips off and needs to be reset. 

I'm using the Motorola QIP6416-2

1 REPLY 1
Highlighted
Contributor
Contributor

Re: DVR issues

Message 2 of 2
(2,495 Views)

alanm47, seems like u have MoCA speed issues since your guide and VOD is not working properly. If you have the DVR on, power off then hit select twice within 3 secs. This should bring you into a diagnostic screen in the STB. If you then select Connected Home Status (I think #16) and hit the right arrow button to take you into the menu you should see the MAC addresses of all STBs in the home. Hit the down arrow to get to screen 4 of 5 and you should see your MoCA speeds. This is telling you how well your STB and router are talking to each other. All readings should be above 180. If you see any that are low, this is your problem and it is caused by mostly a bad piece of coax. You would have to lift each piece of coax one at a time to determine which leg is causing your speeds to drop. If all readings are good, then a hardware device (ONT, Router or STB) is not working properly and probably needs to be replaced but will need a technician to troubleshoot. Hope this helps.  

How-To Videos

The following videos were produced by users like you!

Videos are subject to the Verizon Fios Community Terms of Service and User Guidelines and contains content that is not created by Verizon.
Covid19

Browse Categories
Categories:
Verizon Troubleshooters
Unable to find your answer here? Try searching Verizon Troubleshooters for more options.