DVR jumping to program end
Capttripps
Enthusiast - Level 1

Ever since the guide upgrade we've had problems with using the FF and chapter features.  When utilized it auomatically jumps to the end of the program and then drops to the delete? screen and we have to start over.  Any suggestions would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks in advance

Re: DVR jumping to program end
reatmon
Enthusiast - Level 1
I'm seeing the same behavior. You can use the skip/ fast forward/chapter feature at the beginning of the show, but after a certain point all it does is jump straight to the end. Please fix ASAP.
0 Likes
Re: DVR jumping to program end
imtryin2watchtv

It does this for me too. I made an account and everything this is how annoying it is. Lets make this a bigger issue people! Its such a problem and no one is discussing it! 

0 Likes
Re: DVR No Rewind on Live Program that's Recording
charliebarrett
Contributor - Level 2

Even MORE Annoying is this related problem:

If i'm watching a program on live TV that happens to also be recording, I used to be able to pause, rewind it or jump back a few minutes, no problem. It never hurt the recording program to do that, and vice versa. 

But NOW with the new software, the live program REFUSES to rewind if it's also recording - If you try to rewind it, it LOCKS on PAUSE instead, and the banner with the play arrow becomes unresponsive - there's no way to get it out of Pause on the main screen - Clicking Play, Jump ahead/back, or REV/FF has no effect - stays paused

WORKAROUND: The ONLY remedy I found was to click the DVR button, and go to the Recorded Programs list. Find the program that's recording (should have a red dot). Manually select the program and play it. When you re-play the recording, it responds to REW / FF Pause / Play  as it should,

The bug ONLY becomes evident if you select a LIVE program from the Guide that happens to ALREADY BE RECORDING. A live program that's not recording works just fine. 

Charlie Barrett

Still waiting for news on my DVR upgrade to one having a eSATA port . Signed up weeks ago for the upgrade availability notification, but hasn't come yet   (:-(

0 Likes
imtryin2watchtv

I have that rewinding problem as well. Its very annoying. I exchanged boxes awhile ago and it still does it. There seems to be no information on it.

0 Likes
imtryin2watchtv

has no one still came up with a solutuion to this? its a huge problem. our contract is up in january and i'm definitally changing to AT&T Uverse. this isnt even a threat im just saying, verizon is going to lose customers because of this.

0 Likes
Dalans
Enthusiast - Level 1
FWIW, I have been having the same issue. Contacted Verizon support via web chat. I let them know I went through the usual solutions such as power cycling the box and running the In-Home Agent "Set Top Box Auto Correction" from the Settings menu on the STB itself, neither of which solved the issue. I also confirmed that one of my recordings was doing it consistently where as some of the others were doing it more randomly. The one that occurred all the time there was only one recording going on at the time and the box was "powered off" (no other channels were being watched, it will still record even though the cable box is showing as not on). The support tech asked whether it was getting air flow or had any other electronics on it and I confirmed it did not and they said they would send out a replacement STB. Hopefully this resolves the issue.
0 Likes