Accessibility Resource Center Skip to main content
Get gifts fast with In-Store & Curbside Pickup or same-day delivery.

DVR keeps recording old Saturday Night Live episodes even when set to First-Run Only.

Highlighted
Contributor
Contributor

DVR keeps recording old Saturday Night Live episodes even when set to First-Run Only.

Message 1 of 3
(1,007 Views)

I have my Verizon DVR set to only record First-Run episodes of Saturday Night Live. Lately they have been airing older episodes at 10:00PM on my local NBC affiliate. Verizon's DVR is recognizing them as First-Run episodes even though they are reruns from decades ago. How do I get my DVR to stop recording these reruns?

2 REPLIES 2
Highlighted
Platinum Contributor III Platinum Contributor III
Platinum Contributor III

Re: DVR keeps recording old Saturday Night Live episodes even when set to First-Run Only.

Message 2 of 3
(1,005 Views)

If you only want the ones that air on Sat at 1130 (ET) set your series to this channel only and this time only.

Guide provider is marking these shows as new so it will record.

If a forum member gives an answer you like, give them the Kudos they deserve. If a member gives you the answer to your question, mark the answer as Accepted Solution so others can see the solution to the problem.
Highlighted
Bronze Contributor II
Bronze Contributor II

Re: DVR keeps recording old Saturday Night Live episodes even when set to First-Run Only.

Message 3 of 3
(915 Views)

That is because NBC is editing them down to an hour and calling them "new" episodes as they have never shown that edited version before.  Verizon has no control over it and no matter who your TV provider is, it will do the same thing.

(As above, you can restrict the start time so that they won't record, which will also have the effect of preventing it from automatically recording the specials, e.g. the Christmas special that usually comes on Thursday night.)

How-To Videos

The following videos were produced by users like you!

Videos are subject to the Verizon Fios Community Terms of Service and User Guidelines and contains content that is not created by Verizon.
Covid19

Browse Categories
Categories:
Verizon Troubleshooters
Unable to find your answer here? Try searching Verizon Troubleshooters for more options.