DVR misses programs
FIOSConfused
Enthusiast - Level 2

Same thing happening to me. If you go to the guide and try to record, it will schedule and show the one time record icon. Then if I press record again, it says the series is already scheduled. There was no problem with tuner conflict. If I check manage recordings it doesn't show up at all, yet the series is still showing on the manage series recordings menu. Called tech support last week and they finally walked me through entering a 4 digit code to fix the problem, but now four days later and it is back.

0 Likes
Re: DVR misses programs
Branch1
Enthusiast - Level 3

FiOSConfused, do you have the Quantum STBs? If so, this is a known bug. Should be fixed in a future firmware update.

0 Likes
DVR recording problem
dale5351
Enthusiast - Level 3

For a while now, we have had problems with the DVR not recording a few shows the way that they are programmed.  It seems to mostly be a couple of shows on several networks.  Specifically -- Pawn Stars on History, American Pickers on History and occasionally a few others.  What has happened with these shows is that it has recorded only the last 3 or 7 minutes of a 30 minute show.  I have double checked and there is no conflict (I have a 6 channel DVR) and looking at the scheduled recording a head of time showed them scheduled to be recorded for the full 30 minutes.

There have also been a couple of shows this past week that did not get recorded at all.  Again, no conflict in the scheduling.

Is this happening with anyone else?   I talked with the online chat person last night and he did something that is supposed to reset the DVR -- but I am not 100% certain yet that the problem is solved.  I don't know if he did anything other than a reboot.

0 Likes
Re: DVR recording problem
CRobGauth
Community Leader
Community Leader

I have seen that pawn stars has been running shows that are only 3-5 minutes long.

Not sure about american pickers

0 Likes
2golftoday
Enthusiast - Level 3

We've also had the same problem. Just checked the DVR and some of the programs that should have recorded didn't record.  So frustrating.  For the amount of money we are paying every month this is ridiculous. 

0 Likes
aftermidnight

I am having the same issue. This started about 4 weeks ago. There was an mandatory update and the problem started. It missed the Walking Dead even though it was on the shcedule. Scandal was the next show that did not record. They gave me the same 4 digit code and that did not fix the problem. They did a cold boot and that seem to fix the problem until last Friday. Wynonna Earp showed on my schedule to record and did not. Last night three additional shows did not record. I have been going through my schedule daily and putting the information into a spreedsheet and then verifying that the shows on the schedule did record. The other issue I have noticed is that even though new shows should be scheduled some are not there. I had to delete the series and add it back to show up. It also looks as just a temp fix for the current two week schedule.

0 Likes
CRobGauth
Community Leader
Community Leader

I have found that you don't need to delete the series.

Just do a modify.

Don't even have to change anything.
Then save.
Shows that weren't on the schedule, magically appear.

0 Likes
aftermidnight

I did that over the past several weeks it worked with some but not with others.

0 Likes
aftermidnight

I am having the same issue started with an update around the 30th of March. Just happened with Motive tonight, it did not record. The other shows scheduled for today did. Yesterday three shows did not record even though they were on the schedule as was Motive.

0 Likes
dale5351
Enthusiast - Level 3

Here is an example of where things have gone wrong.

The listing in the TV Guide on the Verizon web site says:

Pawn Stars
Duration : 30min | Time: 08:00 PM - 08:30 PM | Air Date : 4/8/2016 8:00:00 PM | Genre: Reality
Cast and Credits:-NA-
Additional scenes from History's "Pawn Stars."

But the listing in the scheduled recordings of the DVR series manager says:

Pawn Stars | Biggest Buys: 1962 Fender Stratocaster
Runtime:3 mins | Start Time:8:00:00 PM | Year:2016
Cast Info:
Summary:Additional scenes from History's "Pawn Stars."Read More

628 HistoryHD
Sat, Apr 09 08:00 PM

The wrong date is common and in fact almost always off by a day in the TV Guide section.  But it is also clear that the 30 minute program is only going to record 3 minutes.  I tried canceling the recording and then entering it again -- but that gives the same error in the schedule.

I also have now had two instances of scheduled recordings not actually being done.  Both of these were on network channels this week.

0 Likes