DVR missing recordings, needs rebooted
fifor
Enthusiast - Level 3

Hello,

Recently my DVR (QIP7232) has been missing recordings all the time.  The software shows it as scheduled, but then when the time comes, it does not actually begin to record.  If you reboot the STB it immediately begins the recording like it should've been all along.  This has started happening within the past month or so and is now happening at least once a week.  Also within this time period, the box has hard reset while watching TV without warning at least 3 or 4 times, and we have experienced the "channel not subscribed" problem 2 or 3 times.  The software version listed is 1.9 Build 1095.  I can only imagine all of this is due to recent bad software updates.  I would like to know if the missed recordings is a known issue and is being worked on, and in what sort of timeframe I can expect a fix.  We pay WAY too much for this service to be having these kinds of basic issues, and at this point it's missing recordings so often that it's almost worthless to have.  I will have to get rid of the DVR and maybe the entire TV service soon if it remains unresolved.  As excited as I was to switch to FiOS from Comcast, and as much as I love the internet service, I have never had TV service fail in such basic ways and over such an extended period of time as this before.

Thank you.

0 Likes
Re: DVR missing recordings, needs rebooted
Anthony_VZ
Master - Level 3

The missing recordings is not something we have heard complaints about since the upgrade. To try to fix it press menu, then go to CUSTOMER SUPPORT, then IN HOME AGENT, then SET TOP BOX AUTO CORRECTION. Please let us know if further assistance is required.

0 Likes
Re: DVR missing recordings, needs rebooted
fifor
Enthusiast - Level 3

Thank you.  In the past few weeks it has not been missing recordings or rebooting, so I believe this may have been due to a few software updates that occurred as the customer rep on the phone told me.  However, the DVR still always fails to extend recordings. I have several series setup with an extended end time of 1, 5, or 30 minutes.  When I View Schedule, however, it never shows the extended end time.  If I go to update the recording and save the extended end time again, and then immediately View Schedule, it will show the extended time.  But then if I check some time later, it will no longer show the extended time, and it will never record with the extended time.  This feature has worked in the past, so I can confirm it is a recent problem since the software updates that occurred last month.  What can be done about this?

Thanks.

0 Likes