DVR no longer recording 2 programs
livinnytmare

Ever since the new guide was rolled out I've had the following problem with my Motorola QIP7216 DVR.

On Thursday evenings I record a program from 9-11 on one channel and have individual programs set to record from 9-10 and 10-11 on another channel.  The DVR starts recording both programs at 9, but at 9:59 a message pops up alerting me that my 10pm program won't record unless I cancel one of the 9pm recordings.  Neither of the programs is set to record early or late, so there's no conflict there, and they're on the same channel, so no channel change is even needed.  I know I could set a manual recording to take care of this and will probably end up going that route, just to be safe, but I shouldn't have to.  There is no reason there should be a conflict and it was never a problem before the update.  If I'm only recording on one tuner, the DVR will record back to back programs on the same channel without problem, but if I have something else recording it skips it and says "This program did not record.  The recording was canceled when the channel was changed." despite the channel never being changed, since as I said, the scheduled recordings are on the same channel.  Any help on this would be greatly appreciated.  Thanks.

0 Likes
Re: DVR no longer recording 2 programs
Anthony_VZ
Master - Level 3

The recordings are done based off of timeslots in the guide. For the shows that are back to back, pull up detailed information for both. Check the times for the shows. Some are sent down to us with the designation it runs from 9-10:02 . This would cause a conflict. If thats not the case a manual reboot by unplugging the power cord for a minute may take care of it. You can also , as you know, set the manual recording. Both tuners are functional or else you wouldnt be able to record both of them at 9pm.

0 Likes