DVR noob questions
swollengoat
Enthusiast - Level 2

A former DirecTV/Tivo customer, I got FIOS TV last week. Some questions that I haven't been able to figure out by myself, from the guide(s) or by searching this forum. Thanks in advance!

1. Series recording - I don't know when my shows come on, so I don't ever set up series recordings using the guide. I always do the search and my question - is there a way with fewer 'clicks' on the remote to get to the series options screen? After you search, then you pick the show, then you pick the episode, then you see the actors, then you can get to the series recording options. A minor annoyance, to be sure, thought there might be a faster way. 

2. Searching - I did a search by keyword 'zombie' tonight. It brought up a whole host of items on the right, so I moved over and wanted to page down. It stops paging/scrolling down at 'Sheri Moon Zombie' even though there are more visible results, including a down arrow indicating another page. I cannot page down nor move down; the dvr indicator flashes, so it's getting the command but nothing happens. Any ideas on how to bypass this 'invisible barrier'? 

3. Series recording ignoring limits. Some of my series are using the set limits just fun but others are not. For example, I have only the five 'Man v. Food' shows recorded that I set but 13 'Simpsons' episodes where I said to record five. Anyone have this happen before and know how to fix the limits? 

0 Likes
Re: DVR noob questions
Anthony_VZ
Master - Level 3

1. Series recording - I don't know when my shows come on, so I don't ever set up series recordings using the guide. I always do the search and my question - is there a way with fewer 'clicks' on the remote to get to the series options screen? After you search, then you pick the show, then you pick the episode, then you see the actors, then you can get to the series recording options. A minor annoyance, to be sure, thought there might be a faster way. 

There is no easy way to do it when you are going through the search feature. If you can locate the show in the guide, its simply a matter of highlighting it and pressing the record button twice.

2. Searching - I did a search by keyword 'zombie' tonight. It brought up a whole host of items on the right, so I moved over and wanted to page down. It stops paging/scrolling down at 'Sheri Moon Zombie' even though there are more visible results, including a down arrow indicating another page. I cannot page down nor move down; the dvr indicator flashes, so it's getting the command but nothing happens. Any ideas on how to bypass this 'invisible barrier'? 

I could not duplicate this and its not normal operation. Exit out of the search screen then try again. If it persists, please unplug power cord to the box for 1 min. If it's still continuing, please send me a private message so we can send some stronger commands to the box.

3. Series recording ignoring limits. Some of my series are using the set limits just fun but others are not. For example, I have only the five 'Man v. Food' shows recorded that I set but 13 'Simpsons' episodes where I said to record five. Anyone have this happen before and know how to fix the limits? 

This will happen in one of  two situations. If you set up the number of shows in the series after you already have some recorded some or if the series record event is corrupted. Please manually delete all the extra shows. If needed, delete all shows for that series and delete/recreate the series recording event. If it's still continuing, please send me a private message so we can send some stronger commands to the box.

0 Likes
swollengoat
Enthusiast - Level 2

Thanks - I will give your suggestions a try and PM you if it persists. 

0 Likes
swollengoat
Enthusiast - Level 2

Ok - resetting (unplugging / re-plugging) fixed the search issue. I still have a problem where the series limits are being ignored. This is happening for all series now - I have 20+ spongebobs, 20+ simpsons, 30 + Tom&Jerry when I set the limit to 10 for each. I've deleted and re-created the series and it continues to occur. 

please help!

0 Likes