DVR not authorized for playback (or) recording
GalBiker
Enthusiast - Level 2

After the Guide upgrade this past Tuesday, I now have issues with recording playbacks on my DVR.  Select recordings will play, however, others prompt this DVR Alert upon trying to playback: "dvr alert.  this service is not authorized for playback (or) recording." 

As I said, all was fine until the recent Guide upgrade this past Tuesday.  I have never had a problem using FIOS in the 4 years I've had it until now.  I am extremely annoyed I have lost several one-time shows I cannot get back (not even on the Internet) and am seriously contemplating moving to another provider.  Any assistance you can provide to remedy this to change my mind about FIOS and without losing the other shows on my DVR would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks.

0 Likes
Re: DVR not authorized for playback (or) recording
Anthony_VZ
Master - Level 3

Sorry to hear about the troubles you are having with the DVR. I have sent you a private message to get more information from you.

0 Likes
ttabor

I am having the exact same issue.  Most recordings are fine and play back with no problems at all, but last Thursday and now tonight 1/17/2012 I have attempted to play a recorded show and get the message "DVR not authorized for playback"  Not sure what the deal is, but I have never gotten that message before last Thursday, nor have I had any issues with my Verizon FIOS Service.

0 Likes
lclifford1

I just discovered this as well on a movie I recorded on January 15.  Extremely frustrating.  Can anything be done?

0 Likes
Bev3801

I just posted a message about the same issue. Hope someone can explain  it . . . . Trying to get a real person on the phone with Verizon Tech Support is no easy task . . . . .

0 Likes
Hubrisnxs
Legend
I had that once and I can't tell you why, but restarting my router and then un plugging the dvr and plugging it back in helped fix it. Hope it does for you too
0 Likes
GalBiker
Enthusiast - Level 2

I appreciate the reply, thanks.

0 Likes