DVR not recording shows because of incorrect guide information
dail92
Enthusiast - Level 2
I just got fios 2 weeks ago and many of my tv shows are not recording. The reason they are not recording is because when they air the guide will list that another show is airing. Does anyone know how to fix this problem? I'm thinking is it possible to do a hard reset of the guide. As of now, I'm doing manual recordings.
0 Likes
Re: DVR not recording shows because of incorrect guide information
Suzanne7777
Contributor - Level 1

Forget trying to get it corrected.  You will go insane. 

I have had the same problems, and the problem is that the company providing info to the guide is consistently wrong. It says new when it is not.  It says not new when it is.  They had the wrong description for "This Week", a Sunday morning ABC News national political show that airs for an hour.  The description said 'Finally a 30-minute show on Central Florida'.  I emailed customer service.  They said I had to call tech support.  I called tech support and attempted to explain the problem.  Very simply "the IMG is incorrect and who do I report it to?"  The first thing he did, without asking me,  was to totally reset both of our STBs (one is an HD DVR and the other is Standard DVR).  He then proceeded, without asking me, to do god know's what--it took 30 minutes. I mentioned the Series Manager to him, and he didn't know what I was talking about. He was walking through a script and knew very little about Verizon Fios.  Verizon used to have more knowledgable techs.

When he was through, he said he would enter a ticket.  He told me that Verizon gets their IMG info from the networks and local stations and that I had to contact them.  (Like ABC News would describe This Week so incorrectly.)  He said he would report it.  After I got off the phone with him, I had to reset ALL of my settings on BOTH boxes, including Favorites.  It took me another 30 minutes.

In 2008, during the presidential debates, the description of the final debate said "Kerry and Bush debate.  That is how idiotic the info in the guide can be.

I then emailed both of the local ABC stations to let them know about the mistake for "This Week", and got some vague reply.

I will never call tech support again, unless I have a real technical problem.  The guide is obviously a gray area that nobody at Verizon seems to have any idea about what to do.  Unless Verizon starts getting their IMG info from a more reliable company, this most likely will not change.  FIOS gives you a great picture, but god help you if you have to call customer service or billing, and, now,  possibly tech support.

0 Likes