DVR ocassionally displays "HI-3" then flashes "50" and goes back & forth
Billbo1970

This seems to happen after about a week with no other issues being experienced.  I'll get up in the morning & notice that the dvr display reads "HI-3" then flashes to "50" and goes back & forth until I reset the box.  I called FiOS support & the guy said he needed to 'rebuild the software' and that I would lose all my scheduling & everything.  Well, I'm at work & can't write down what's in there now & don't want to forget about anything, so I told him not to do it & I would call back.  When I asked him what the msg meant he said it was an issue with the software and either wouldn't or couldn't elaborate on it.  Does anybody know what this error means?  Do I really need to have them 're-install the OS' on the box?

0 Likes
Re: DVR ocassionally displays "HI-3" then flashes "50" and goes back & forth
matcarl
Master - Level 1
That happens to me sometimes on my HD non-DVR box, so I don't think it's just the DVR experiencing it. I don't like the answer he gave you, let's see what others say first.
0 Likes
Billbo1970
Well that's interesting Mat. I have also noticed that this only seems to happen when I'm using the HDMI connection on the box.  When it's connected via Component cables, this doesn't happen.  My cable is going from the box directly to the TV.  Furthermore, I got an early christmas gift a couple of weeks ago... a 37" samsung 1080p LCD and it's doing it on this TV as well, so it is NOT the television (as another rep had thought it was on my older 24" Toshiba 720p TV).
0 Likes
Billbo1970
Nobody else is experiencing this issue?
0 Likes