DVR on remote tv
jsmith6752

I have 1 hd dvr box. I have  another hd box plus  3 standard boxes. Can I watch recorded programs on any of my other tv's? If so, how to I do that?  thanks

0 Likes
Re: DVR on remote tv
prisaz
Legend

Your DVR would need to be subscribed to the Home Media Feature and Multi Room DVR access. Standard DVR is close to $16 and that version is close to $20.

0 Likes
jsmith6752

so for $4 I can get this feature?  How do I go about doing that?  thanks

0 Likes
jumpin68ny
Master - Level 2

Your best bet may be to call 888-553-1555

0 Likes
BrianC
Contributor - Level 3

Something to keep in mind with this feature is that if you record a channel in HD, you will not be able to play it back from the SD STB in another room.  The other non-DVR STB would also have to be HD to play back HD content.  No problem if you record an SD channel though.  SD channel recordings can be played back on any SD or HD STB using the multi-room DVR feature.

0 Likes
prisaz
Legend

@jsmith6752 wrote:

so for $4 I can get this feature?  How do I go about doing that?  thanks

There was a setting on the DVR that let you try the feature for a period of time, and then it would go on your account if you did not call them. The was a try HMDVR or Enable HMDVR somewhere. Just don't remember. Let me look for a link to the instructions.

Here is a link to more information. They may have removed the activation feature from the DVR because people would try it and then not call after the trial period, and then get charged.

http://www22.verizon.com/ResidentialHelp/FiOSTV/Receivers/Multi-Room+DVR/Multi-Room+DVR.htm

0 Likes
jsmith6752

answer in hand.. I made a phone call and added the service for $4 a month. It's worth it..thanks

0 Likes