DVR only records certain shows?
pstatts07

Wondering if anyone else has run into this...

I've got one of the new HD Home Media DVRs, was hooked up only a few weeks ago, and the other night I was setting up some series recordings, only to find that the DVR won't record some of them?

Searching through the guide, I'd find a show that I wanted to record on a regular basis, and usually under program info, you'll see a "Record this Series" option.  However, on some shows, my only option was "OK".  There was no option to record the series, even though I verified that there were upcoming episodes in the guide.  I checked to see if I was somehow being blocked by a parental setting, but I'm not, because I don't have kids and the parental settings aren't activated on the DVR.

Scratching my head over this one.  Why would the DVR only want me to record certain shows?  What am I missing here?

Message Edited by pstatts07 on 08-19-2008 10:45 AM
0 Likes
Re: DVR only records certain shows?
Keyboards
Master - Level 3
The most common cause is that the guide information is bad - specifically the "new" flag and or the description.  If the descriptions are ultra generic (as the often are) and you have an earlier recording with the same generic description the DVR might think it is the same program and not record.  Don't know what to suggest other than to baby-sit the DVR and verify that it is recording the shows you want - not a solution, just a suggestion to overcome the deficiencies in the Verizon DVR / Guide.
0 Likes
Re: DVR only records certain shows?
Libra28
Enthusiast - Level 2

Go to the main menu

"setting"

"dvd"

"series options"

make sure that all of the setting are what you what especially "channels"

When I want to record a series  I always set it up to record that series only at a specific time and channel and to record both new and reruns

That way if the program is incorrectly marked as a rerun you won't miss it

Be sure to save any setting changes you make

Note with the comming channel update you will have to reset ALL you recording settings

Hope this helped

0 Likes