DVR plays hide and seek--just in one room.
oldmaven

I have a DVR and three set-top boxes.  One is in the room behind the one with the DVR, the others are farther away.

Recently, the farthest STB, in the kitchen, has intermittently failed to find the DVR, though the other two STBs find it just fine. So I swapped it with the STB in the next room, and all was well...for about 18 hours.  Now the problem is back.

Both STBs were connected to the same feed, via a splitter.  I have tried changing the cable from the splitter to the kitchen STB (tried two different cables) and swapping connections at the splitter output, to no avail.  But I've never had a problem in the dining room, even when the kitchen STB was acting up.

So it doesn't seem to be the STB, or the cable connecting to it, or the splitter, or the feed to the splitter.  Any ideas?

0 Likes
Re: DVR plays hide and seek--just in one room.
CRobGauth
Community Leader
Community Leader

Could be father upstream. Check all connections to DVR as well.

What model stb and DVR do you have?

0 Likes
Re: DVR plays hide and seek--just in one room.
oldmaven

Not sure what models are--can look them up if need be. They're standard FIOS, which should narrow that down to a few models.

But if it's a problem with the upstream connections, why does it not affect TVs in other rooms, including the one connected to the same splitter?

0 Likes