Accessibility Resource Center Skip to main content
Have a phone you love? Get up to $500 when you switch and bring your phone.

DVR powering off

SOLVED
larryslade
Copper Contributor
Copper Contributor

DVR powering off

Message 1 of 4
(947 Views)

I just got a Motorola QIP7232-p2  DVR. First DVR I've ever had. I have an analog tv. Last night I scheduled a recording for 7 am this morning. I left the power on the DVR on last night. I assumed if I powered off the DVR it wouldn't record my show. I woke up before the show's start time and noticed the DVR had powered itself off.   Did I have to leave the DVR powered on last night?  and will the DVR power itself off after a certain length of time?  and would the DVR have recorded my show without being powered on.  Thanks

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Edg1
Gold Contributor VII Gold Contributor VII
Gold Contributor VII

Re: DVR powering off

Message 2 of 4
(914 Views)

The default is that all boxes shut off after 4 hours. Technically they are not really off. They are just in standby mode. If Verizon pushes out an update it will still process even though its "off".

But to answer your question recordings will still start whether DVR is on or standby. 

View solution in original post

3 REPLIES 3
Edg1
Gold Contributor VII Gold Contributor VII
Gold Contributor VII

Message 2 of 4
(915 Views)

The default is that all boxes shut off after 4 hours. Technically they are not really off. They are just in standby mode. If Verizon pushes out an update it will still process even though its "off".

But to answer your question recordings will still start whether DVR is on or standby. 

View solution in original post

larryslade
Copper Contributor
Copper Contributor

Message 3 of 4
(894 Views)

Thank you. That clears it all up.

larryslade
Copper Contributor
Copper Contributor

Message 4 of 4
(827 Views)

It was the solution. I can't figure out how to make the--accept as so;ution--message come up.

How-To Videos

The following videos were produced by users like you!

Videos are subject to the Verizon Fios Community Terms of Service and User Guidelines and contains content that is not created by Verizon.
Have a spare Fios-G1100?Learn how to bridge it into your network
Get Started

Covid19

Browse Categories
Categories:
Verizon Troubleshooters
Unable to find your answer here? Try searching Verizon Troubleshooters for more options.
Modal Dialogue Title