DVR powering off
larryslade
Enthusiast - Level 3

I just got a Motorola QIP7232-p2  DVR. First DVR I've ever had. I have an analog tv. Last night I scheduled a recording for 7 am this morning. I left the power on the DVR on last night. I assumed if I powered off the DVR it wouldn't record my show. I woke up before the show's start time and noticed the DVR had powered itself off.   Did I have to leave the DVR powered on last night?  and will the DVR power itself off after a certain length of time?  and would the DVR have recorded my show without being powered on.  Thanks

0 Likes
1 Solution

Correct answers
Re: DVR powering off
Edg1
Community Leader
Community Leader

The default is that all boxes shut off after 4 hours. Technically they are not really off. They are just in standby mode. If Verizon pushes out an update it will still process even though its "off".

But to answer your question recordings will still start whether DVR is on or standby. 

View solution in original post

Edg1
Community Leader
Community Leader

The default is that all boxes shut off after 4 hours. Technically they are not really off. They are just in standby mode. If Verizon pushes out an update it will still process even though its "off".

But to answer your question recordings will still start whether DVR is on or standby. 

larryslade
Enthusiast - Level 3

Thank you. That clears it all up.

0 Likes
larryslade
Enthusiast - Level 3

It was the solution. I can't figure out how to make the--accept as so;ution--message come up.

0 Likes