DVR question
sean5150

I want to record two shows back to back on the same channel.  When I set the forst one to extend 5 minutes at the end, I get a message saying there is a conflict.  When I leave the tiems as they are, then I miss the very end of the first one. The two recordings seem to cut out 10 or 20 seconds which is frustrationg because some shows start immediatly after the first one ends.  Is there a way to get the two shows to overlap.

0 Likes
Re: DVR question
Keyboards
Master - Level 3

You could try setting the first recording and then going to the DVR menu and modifying the recording to end late for whatever period of time the next show runs.  This will make a single recording that includes both shows but will avoid the 10 to 20 second "blackout" as one recording is stopped and the second one begins when shceduled individually. 

I often do this for 2 hour premiers that are listed in the guide as 2 one hour shows.

0 Likes
Re: DVR question
spacedebris
Master - Level 2

another option is to just create a manual recording and set it to record that channel for a 2hr period. I used to do that when recording Stargate SG1 and Stargate Atlantis on SciFi. I just went in and told the box to record channel 180 from 8p to 10p every friday. Worked like a champ. Till they canceled both shows, grrrrrr

0 Likes