DVR randomly recording shows
aavz
Enthusiast - Level 1

My DVR seems to be randomly recording shows on channels I don't even tune to.  I first thought it was someone else pushing record on another box in the house but since only the DVR (7100-P2) can record shows that isn't the case.  I am the only one that uses the DVR box and am not accidently pressing record;

0 Likes
Re: DVR randomly recording shows
CRobGauth
Community Leader
Community Leader

7100P2 is not a DVR.

That is an ordinary STB.

What shows/channels are recording?

0 Likes
aavz
Enthusiast - Level 1

You're right, the box is actually the 7232-P2, I mixed it up.  The thing is I only record hi-def channels and don't even tune into SD, yet HBO SD and another SD channel just randomly recorded.  I really don't know how this happened.

0 Likes
DPLomgIsland
Enthusiast - Level 1

I had a service call for fios on Sept 1st for a different issue. Since then, my DVR is randomly recording all different shows, movies, news, QVC shopping, you name it! Channels and shows I NEVER WATCH OR TUNE TO!

I have upwards of 50 recordings per day! It's constantly interrupting different tvs in the house saying there's a DVR conflict and will tune that tv to a different channel of something it decided to record! There's nothing to be done until you delete stuff then you get control of your TV back. 

I called tech support today and after he did some stuff, he said it should be resolved, but it's still doing the same thing!

Any ideas? It's very frustrating. 

0 Likes
clem21
MVP MVP
MVP

@DPLomgIsland wrote:

I had a service call for fios on Sept 1st for a different issue. Since then, my DVR is randomly recording all different shows, movies, news, QVC shopping, you name it! Channels and shows I NEVER WATCH OR TUNE TO!

I have upwards of 50 recordings per day! It's constantly interrupting different tvs in the house saying there's a DVR conflict and will tune that tv to a different channel of something it decided to record! There's nothing to be done until you delete stuff then you get control of your TV back. 

I called tech support today and after he did some stuff, he said it should be resolved, but it's still doing the same thing!

Any ideas? It's very frustrating. 

Try this and see if it helps:

Main Menu > DVR > Configure & Upgrade>Refresh Device

Also check:

Main Menu > DVR > Configure & Upgrade > Default Series Options>Recording Type , make sure only HD channels are selected.

I would also try unplugging power to the Fios box for at least 3 minutes, then powering it back up.