DVR recording flipping out
Lincoln2012

This last Friday I had 7pm-11pm set up to record various shows which has worked for weeks.  Saturday I go to watch the recordings only to find that each show had a double entry and each entry was only 8 seconds long.  The premiere of Spartacus had two entries, 8 seconds.  Suits, Kitchen Nightmares, and Gold Rush... all the same story. 

Besides this odd hiccup, which before some tech goes down their checklist, ***YES*** I ran the STB autocorrect. 

Secondary issues are hitting DVR button brings up movie advertisements and not the menu.  I have to exit and hit DVR button again.  It used to be, just 3 weeks ago, I could be in the master bedroom and create series recordings, edit settings, etc as if I was on the DVR itself.  Those options are gone and the only way to adjust anything on a series is through the DVR itself. 

Yes, I checked the recording schedule and there were no conflicts.  No overlaps.  Again, this has run for weeks without issue.

Last but not least, the names of all the DVRs were changed.  Master Bedroom became Unnamed.  Other STB became something else.  Main DVR became a new name.  SO the question is, who runs the systems in my house... me or Verizon?  If a change is made, why am I not receiving a call, text, email????  I don't go reorganize your cabinets, don't go changing my systems without letting me know.

0 Likes