DVR recording
RollingT
Enthusiast - Level 2
I thought I set up recording for a series (Leno) and checked to record only new shows.  For quite some time in addition to the 11:35 new show I also got the 3:30 am repeat.  Then about a week ago I got what I wanted, only the 11:35.   Now it's back to recording the 3:30 again.  What's up?
0 Likes
1 Solution

Correct answers
Re: DVR recording
Keyboards
Master - Level 3
Have you checked the guide as to how the later show is tagged.  Verizon's guide supplier (FYI) is notorious for not correctly tagging their new vs. repeats.  Also, do you have the options set for a specific time and channel or anytime on that channel?

View solution in original post

Keyboards
Master - Level 3
Have you checked the guide as to how the later show is tagged.  Verizon's guide supplier (FYI) is notorious for not correctly tagging their new vs. repeats.  Also, do you have the options set for a specific time and channel or anytime on that channel?
radradryan
Enthusiast - Level 2
The other problem is that some times you set a series to record and when the time comes to record that channel it is "CURRENTLY UNAVAILABLE" so you get nothing accept a file you can't open that is only 35 seconds in length.  So annoying.
Keyboards
Master - Level 3

@radradryan wrote:
The other problem is that some times you set a series to record and when the time comes to record that channel it is "CURRENTLY UNAVAILABLE" so you get nothing accept a file you can't open that is only 35 seconds in length.  So annoying.
The "currently unavailable" is only any issue with the 7216.  If you have a 6416 DVR this does not apply.
RollingT
Enthusiast - Level 2
Thanks for the help.   Indeed the guide does not indicate the second airing as being a rerun.   Can you suggest which of the contact options is the most appropriate to comment to Verizon on this situation?
radradryan
Enthusiast - Level 2
Yes.  That is correct.  Thanks for clarifying.