Switch Account

DVR replacement

Highlighted
Contributor
Contributor

DVR replacement

Message 1 of 4
(466 Views)

My DVR is being replaced because it quit working. How do I get the programs recorded from the old DVR to the new DVR?

3 REPLIES 3
Highlighted
Gold Contributor VII Gold Contributor VII
Gold Contributor VII

Re: DVR replacement

Message 2 of 4
(446 Views)

@griper wrote:

My DVR is being replaced because it quit working. How do I get the programs recorded from the old DVR to the new DVR?

Unfortunately you can't retrieve them. DVRs aren't really meant for long term storage. If they break or want to upgrade or switch providers you will lose the recordings.

Highlighted
Contributor
Contributor

Message 3 of 4
(217 Views)

When you get a replacement DVR, do you have to also reprogram your series recordings, etc. or is that in the Cloud somewhere?

Highlighted
Gold Contributor VI Gold Contributor VI
Gold Contributor VI

Message 4 of 4
(213 Views)

You can save your series recording schedule and other settings "to the cloud."  I don't remember exactly where it is, but poke around the menus and you should be able to find it.

Be sure to do it on the old DVR before installing the new one.  It should give you an option to restore settings from the cloud during setup.

Good Luck.

How-To Videos

The following videos were produced by users like you!

Videos are subject to the Verizon Fios Community Terms of Service and User Guidelines and contains content that is not created by Verizon.
Covid19

Browse Categories
Categories:
Verizon Troubleshooters
Unable to find your answer here? Try searching Verizon Troubleshooters for more options.