DVR: reset port mapping
paulgs31
Enthusiast - Level 3

I need help please, I have no control over my DVR, can't do anything from website, phone, even the other boxes in my house will not communicate with my dvr.

I cannot get anywhere on the website, I get 400 errors and bad gateways, the support section took over 10 minutes to load before I gave up. The myverizon website is worse than AOL back in the day with a 1200 dial up modem.

I just need my dvr to work please, and I will not succomb to phone support, I've been hung up on twice by them and for my own sanity I will nto deal with then. Can some mod with a VZ next to their name reset my ports please.

Thank you.

Paul. 

0 Likes
1 Solution

Correct answers
Re: DVR: reset port mapping
Anthony_VZ
Master - Level 3

Paul I am sorry to hear about the problems you are having with the box. This is not a portmapping issue. I have run the connectivity test and communications are successful on the ports. Since other boxes in the house can't interface with the the DVR, it sounds like a problem with the DVR box itself. To run an autocorrect to try and fix this, Please press menu, then go to CUSTOMER SUPPORT, then IN HOME AGENT, then SET TOP BOX AUTO CORRECTION. Please let us know if further assistance is required.

View solution in original post

paulgs31
Enthusiast - Level 3

Just tried the inhome assistant program: 

Its telling me I have no DVRs attached to my account.

Lovely.

0 Likes
KH-OrnEsh1
Moderator Emeritus

Just a friendly reminder, this is a forum where users help other users. It looks like your issue may require a Verizon representative to review your account details. Please contact our customer service team via live chat or email at: http://www22.verizon.com/content/contactus/

0 Likes
paulgs31
Enthusiast - Level 3

I know. I'm taking my chances. I'd rather rather run around blindfolded in a 6 lane highway than contact tech support. I cannot do that any more. I have never been treated so rudely as a paying customer in my life than when I have to contact them.

If no one here can help, my 2 year contrat is up in November. 

0 Likes
Anthony_VZ
Master - Level 3

Paul I am sorry to hear about the problems you are having with the box. This is not a portmapping issue. I have run the connectivity test and communications are successful on the ports. Since other boxes in the house can't interface with the the DVR, it sounds like a problem with the DVR box itself. To run an autocorrect to try and fix this, Please press menu, then go to CUSTOMER SUPPORT, then IN HOME AGENT, then SET TOP BOX AUTO CORRECTION. Please let us know if further assistance is required.

paulgs31
Enthusiast - Level 3

Anthony, thank you very much, that fixed the problem.

0 Likes
paulgs31
Enthusiast - Level 3

Spoke too soon, its not solved. Lasted about an hour and I'm back. Auto-correct is doing nothing now.

Does my MRDVR maybe need to have a static IP?

0 Likes
Anthony_VZ
Master - Level 3

The tests to the port are failing now. I may have to reset the box from my end and redo the portmapping. What kind of router do you have with Verizon?

0 Likes
paulgs31
Enthusiast - Level 3

I have the Westell Ultraline Series 3 model 9100EM

0 Likes
Anthony_VZ
Master - Level 3

Thank you for the router information. I had tests succesfully though early this morning. Are you able to get the access it now?

0 Likes