DVR - scheduling conflict
gcville
Contributor - Level 3

So tonight i noticed a scheduling conflict for a 10pm show.

There were only two 10pm shows so I wasnt sure why there was  a conflict.

Turns out it was an 8pm show that ran til 10:01p.  Hmmm

So i said, no problem, i will just end that 8pm show at 10pm.  So i went in to edit the times and i couldnt set the end time back..only add to it.  Ugh.

So then i figured i would change the start time on one of the 10pm shows... nope. Cant do that either. You can only start shows earlier or extend.  So... we need the ability to adjust the start time forward or end time back.  Please make that happen. That way i dont have to delete a full show. That is a shame.  Home come no one thought of this?  I am sure they will run into it if they have an older DVR that can only record 2 shows at a time.   I was surprised that you cant just set when you want the show to record and start that late.

0 Likes
Re: DVR - scheduling conflict
tns2
Community Leader
Community Leader

Only thing you currently do is set a Manual timer.

0 Likes
gcville
Contributor - Level 3

Do you mean "can do"?

How do you set a manual timer??  i tried to edit as i said, and it doesnt let you delay the start or end a show early.  NOt sure why not.  Can only start early or extend.  Anyone know a solution here?

0 Likes
CRobGauth
Community Leader
Community Leader

You can create a manual recording.

Its in the DVR menu.

Either create one to have early show end early or later to start late.

gcville
Contributor - Level 3

ok, i will look for that. I usually just use edit times.. but that has no option for ending a show early or starting it late.  Only starting early or ending later. I will check that out.

Ok , i tried to modify start and end times of shows and it did not have an option to start later. It only had certain amount of minutes to earlier. That doesnt work for me.

I need to delay the start of a show.  One show ran a minute late and ruined everything.   So i need to end show earlier or start later and all the options only start earlier or end later.  NOt sure why.  I used sheduled programs , then modify start and end time. Is there another screen?  If anyone knows, please let me know.  i hate losing a show because one show goes a minute long. that is silly.

0 Likes
DVR - please add option to start shows later instead of just earlier.
gcville
Contributor - Level 3

Please add this option to modify start and end times.

No option there to do this. Need it in case a show goes one minute over.

ALso add option to end a show earlier. Only have options to extend.  

My DVR only can record 2 shows so i need these editing options please. THnks.

0 Likes
Re: DVR - please add option to start shows later instead of just earlier.
tns2
Community Leader
Community Leader

Manual timers are completely seperate.  You do not start from the quide or an existing timer .  On mine they are in the dvr menu, create new recording, manual recordings.  You set channel, date, start time, stop time and recurring,  They do work.

Unlikely that the feature you asked for will be added.  I don't know of any DVR that has the feature.  And this forum is where Peers help Peers.  The people you would need to reach probably do not read the forum.

They used to have one for making suggestions, but they archivedi it.  They were suppose to add I new one, but I haven't noticed one being added.

0 Likes
Re: DVR - please add option to start shows later instead of just earlier.
gcville
Contributor - Level 3

Yeah need that option added. Need to edit both ways... need to shrink the time.  When shows run 8p to 10:01 it screws everything up.  You dont know any dvrs that do this?? well , then they need to and they will have an edge. That is good for business! Please do it.

0 Likes
Bigtracks
Enthusiast - Level 3

There is another work around that is available for many shows when there is a conflict like this, or useful when you want to record three programs at the same time or that overlap.  See if one of the shows is repeated at some time in the coming days by the network.  There is a simple way to do this when you simply press OK with the conflicted show highlighted in your list of "Scheduled Recordings".   The shows most likely to have episode repeats are the ones on cable channels rather than broadcast channels.

0 Likes