DVR skips ahead to scheduled recording and can't rewind?
n00t
Enthusiast - Level 2

I'm new to FIOS and still getting a hang of the DVR. One of the biggest issues I have with it is the following behavior. I'm hoping this is either a setting or an issue with my particular box.

If I'm watching a 8pm - 9pm show and have a recording scheduled from 9pm to 10pm on the *same channel*, when the clock strikes 9, if I'm not done with the 8-9 show (had to pause or rewind), the DVR skips to live time i.e. 9pm and I can no longer rewind forcing me to miss some portion of the 8-9pm show.

Its really aggravating, I'm hoping I just got a bad box.

0 Likes
Re: DVR skips ahead to scheduled recording and can't rewind?
Keyboards
Master - Level 3

@n00t wrote:

I'm new to FIOS and still getting a hang of the DVR. One of the biggest issues I have with it is the following behavior. I'm hoping this is either a setting or an issue with my particular box.

If I'm watching a 8pm - 9pm show and have a recording scheduled from 9pm to 10pm on the *same channel*, when the clock strikes 9, if I'm not done with the 8-9 show (had to pause or rewind), the DVR skips to live time i.e. 9pm and I can no longer rewind forcing me to miss some portion of the 8-9pm show.

Its really aggravating, I'm hoping I just got a bad box.

Unfortunately once a recording starts on the channel you are viewing the buffer from before that recording is wiped out.  Not a bad bad box, just bad behaviour of the software Smiley Mad
0 Likes
Re: DVR skips ahead to scheduled recording and can't rewind?
n00t
Enthusiast - Level 2

Thanks for the response, that is indeed bad behavior. By default, for recording, the DVR should always use the tuner not currently being used. Maybe Verizon can include that in their next software update!

0 Likes