DVR sometimes won't change channels automatically to record a show
BobF100

Last  night I turned on my TV and a FIOS message was there indicating a user action was required.  I needed to select 'record both shows' in order for the DVR to change channels on the second tuner to record an hour long show that was already 35 minutes in.  The DVR should have recorded the two shows in the schedule without intervention.

Model number:  Motorola QIP 7232 2

Does anyone know why this happened or is there a setting that needs to now be set?

0 Likes
Re: DVR sometimes won't change channels automatically to record a show
Kosmic

This is how Verizon set up their system. It is absolutely asinine. As is the fact Verizon uses show titles to record as opposed to time like Cox cable. The result is you lose the last couple of minutes on ABC when they run their 9:02 to 10:02 schedule And in many cases I cannot record with an extended time because I already have 2 channels scheduled. On the other hand, Cox cable uses time.

My other issue is, and I am wondering if it is just my service, now that Verizon has gone to this new guide, it takes my set top box over 45 seconds to switch functions. Most of the time things don't delete, some shows take 2 recordings even though it was automatically recording, and more times than not, I lose the last few seconds of the recordings. And I am also getting numerous times where I lose either audio or the picture freezes.

Hopefully someone at Verizon reads these comments else we are just complaining to each other.

0 Likes