DVR to Router Connection Issues
seamuskrat

I am running an iMac running Mac OSX 10.7.4 Lion with the latest version of Verizon's In-Home Agent for Mac (7.09.22).  I have some issues with my DVR not being seen by the web portal, my iPhone, etc.  So I thouht I would run the In-Home agent.

The Set Top Box version says I have issues.  I have rebooted the STB 5 times.  I have unplugged the router for 2 minutes twice.

All other network works.

I do NOTget caller ID on the TV, and now the picture quality is all pixelated.  

My web portal does not see the STB, nor does the iPhone app, Media Manager, etc.

In the past I could send a command to the router for port forward resets.  

Any thoughts on how to solve this annoying issue?

0 Likes
Re: DVR to Router Connection Issues
PJL
Master - Level 3

@seamuskrat wrote:

I am running an iMac running Mac OSX 10.7.4 Lion with the latest version of Verizon's In-Home Agent for Mac (7.09.22).  I have some issues with my DVR not being seen by the web portal, my iPhone, etc.  So I thouht I would run the In-Home agent.

The Set Top Box version says I have issues.  I have rebooted the STB 5 times.  I have unplugged the router for 2 minutes twice.

All other network works.

I do NOTget caller ID on the TV, and now the picture quality is all pixelated.  

My web portal does not see the STB, nor does the iPhone app, Media Manager, etc.

In the past I could send a command to the router for port forward resets.  

Any thoughts on how to solve this annoying issue?

I would first perform an STB autocorrection from the STB itself (not the in-home agent), then run the caller ID troubleshooter from the STB.  The troubleshooter should reset the port forwarding in the router and will test that it's working (you'll see the results on the screen).

By the way if you're using something other than the standard Verizon-provided router, all bets are off. 

Re: DVR to Router Connection Issues
seamuskrat

This is an Actiontec Verizon router.  No luck from STB end.

0 Likes