Re: DVR upgrade email problem
tns
Master - Level 2

I found you had to open your browser, logon, and indicate stay logged in first.  Then click the link in the email. 

0 Likes
nycplayboy78
Contributor - Level 1

The email link don't work Smiley Mad

I have tried every suggestion in the forum....LAME!!!!

My 30 days is running out soon......HALP!!!!!!

0 Likes
nycplayboy78
Contributor - Level 1

I have chatted online with VZ and their solution is simply go back online to the DVR Upgrade Expansion page and sign up again and wait for them to send you another email. Apparently, they are aware of the email link not working. So guess what I tried again and signed up again for the DVR Expansion and got another link 2 days later and BAM....Nothing the same thing it just sits there on the pages gathering my records.....SIGH.....

0 Likes
bdh23

I'm not sure why this problem is showing up as being solved.  The linked solution doesn't work for me, and it's clear it doesn't work for many others either.

0 Likes
BigBuzz73

Possible Solution:

I had this same issue for quite a while.  I first I tried different computers.  Then through this forum i realized to try a different browser. 

First shot at IE and it was brought to a new screen where I could log in.  However after logging in with my MyVerizon username and pw, I got the same "we're sorry" message

Then, I tried two things, and one or both of them made it work.

I used IE's InPrivate feature, and also I did NOT log in with my username and password.  Instead, I used my account number and zip code. (you can also use your verizon home phone number+last bill amount)

For whatever reason, it was this that worked.

Hopefully this helps some folks!

0 Likes
parsetdx
Enthusiast - Level 2

THIS WORKED!!!!!!

Not sure if the InPrivate mattered, other than it makes sure that no cookies or remnants of prior logins would affect it.

I used my Account Number + Zip and BANG.

PRAISE THE LORD.

Note - Verizon is such a mess.  I can't believe I also wanted hours on hold trying to call about this problem (just as others had mentioned) just to hear people say they had no idea what I'm talking about.

Get a clue Verizon.

0 Likes
csachs22
Enthusiast - Level 2

Same problem as described above.  Tried on-line chat support and they instructed me to go the nearest store to do the swap.

I also wonder why Verizon hasn't figured out this is a major issue given the volume of calls this is generating.

I also object to the additional $39.99 upgrade fee.  Maybe I should quit and sign up again as a new customer to avoid the additional fee!?!?

0 Likes
csachs22
Enthusiast - Level 2

After reading all of the Forum entries above that everyone kindly posted, I was able to succeed as follows:

(Hope this works for you!!)

Open a new IE Browser Window

Start In-Private Browsing (Tools>In-Private Browsing)

Copy the URL from the email and paste in the window opened above

Log using your default UserID/Passwd for My Verizon

You should then be prompted to do the rest.

Good Luck!!  Post your results.

csachs22
Enthusiast - Level 2

Forgot - before entering UserID/Passwd, be sure to check the box to stay logged in.

0 Likes
The_Spectacle
Enthusiast - Level 2

Just tried the inprivate browsing trick and it did not work. I'll try again on my Mac with Chrome and Safari and see if I have any better luck.

Very odd this error is.

0 Likes