DVR upgrade email problem
Ice81
Enthusiast - Level 1

I received the DVR upgrade email yesterday and have been trying to use the link provided to request the 500GB DVR.
I can logon and the site says you are eligible for the upgrade but I am never provided with the check boxes to select which stbs to upgrade.

I called support but they have no idea that this email was sent out and just keep repeating that it is not available.
Can anyone provide some assistance.

Thanks.

0 Likes
1 Solution

Correct answers
Re: DVR upgrade email problem
Hubrisnxs
Legend

yeah, that is possible, a lot of those folks ordered just fine, and a handful couldn't for some reason.   you should probably call verizon and ask for the ecenter, or open a chat support,   they can escelate the issue to their develepor team if they can replicate the issue on their PC's.   you would probably give them your username and password and let them try it from their pc over there. 

View solution in original post

0 Likes
Hubrisnxs
Legend

what browser are you using?   sometimes the verizon website doesn't play nice with certain browsers and add ons.    if you're using ie  then try to right click and run without add-ons.   then try to go to the site and order.   if you're not using IE,  then try using IE just for a test to see if it lets you. 

0 Likes
Ice81
Enthusiast - Level 1

Tried Firefox, IE, Safari on multiple computers. With and without addons. All the same.

I think it is an account issue.

I see a few others are having similar problems over on dslr

0 Likes
Hubrisnxs
Legend

yeah, that is possible, a lot of those folks ordered just fine, and a handful couldn't for some reason.   you should probably call verizon and ask for the ecenter, or open a chat support,   they can escelate the issue to their develepor team if they can replicate the issue on their PC's.   you would probably give them your username and password and let them try it from their pc over there. 

0 Likes
Ice81
Enthusiast - Level 1

Thanks Hubrisnxs but no go.

The E-center people had no idea either.

Apparently it is very small team at VZ who is managing the stb swap.

0 Likes
kaymer327
Enthusiast - Level 1

I had similar problems... when I logged in with my user account, I got an error like Authentication Failed (even though I was clearly logged in to My Verizon)... Calling support (twice) was a waste of 2 hours that I'll never get back... Figured out the problem on my own though:

Try using your verizon phone number, or if you don't have one your account number...

The option to use phone or acct # is to the left of where it asks you to log in with you user/password...

Hope that helps...

0 Likes
tragicvelvet

I am having the same exact issue. Fios customer service was NO help. I just want to upgrade to the new DVR! I tried using Safari, IE, and Firefox. I tried putting in my phone number and last balance paid to verify my identity instead of signing in to no avail. Can someone figure this out!?

0 Likes
Hubrisnxs
Legend

sounds like you have a password issue, as it won't let you sign in right?

if that is the case then use the live chat and ask that they reset your password to the main verizon site.  

you'll need a copy of your bill to identify yourself.  

once you are in go to www.verizon.com/fiostvcentral -> My TV -> Set Top Box -> bottom right banner ad about ur DVR > Click and fill in the info to be placed on the waiting list.     

0 Likes
Poli1

I had the same issue...

1. I spent $160 a month on FIOS TV and Internet, but needed larger DVR.
  2. Follow the online form to order the new DVR as suggested.
  3. Got the email telling me that DVR is available for me to order, I have 30 days to complete the request
  4. Logged into my account from the link on email
  5. The system was unable to retrieve the information.

This happened in different OSs (OSX, Windows)  with different web browsers (FF, Safari, IE)

I talked to Verizon now spending 2 hours, 13 minutes:

1. Talked to CS
  2. Transferred to eSupport
  3. Transferred to CS
  4. Transferred to tech Support
  5. Transferred to CS

In conclusion, there is only ONE WAY t order upgrade DVR, which is it use the online system which does not work…

It is like Verizon does not people to order the upgrade..Shoudl I go DISH which already have a better DVR? I am puzzled

0 Likes
danpbarnes
Enthusiast - Level 1

I have the same exact problem.  I hope someone can help us resolve this.  I would think they would have tested this out before sending out the emails.

Do we know if this is a monitored message board?  If Verizon is monitoring, please help us out here...maybe tell us who we can call and talk to.

Thanks,

{edited for privacy}

0 Likes