Switch Account

DVR video to PC question

DVR video to PC question

Contributor blane01
Contributor
Message 1 of 4
(3,393 Views)

My daughter is in a college marching band.  Yesterday she was shown in the stands of a game. (for just a couple of seconds)  Is there any way I can capture that moment from my DVR to a viewable file I can forward to her grandparents? Is there any software or plan that would make this possible?

Thanks for any help!

b lane

3 REPLIES 3
Employee Emeritus Employee Emeritus
Employee Emeritus
Message 2 of 4
(3,323 Views)

Congrats on your TV star I am sure you are very proud..Unfortunately at this time the easiest way to do what your asking would be if you had a DVD recorder hooked up to your settop box/TV and record the program as you would in the early days of recording with a VCR.  You would also be able to use an analog tuner card  in your PC to stream from the TV/Set Top Box to your desktop. 

Joe D
Verizon Telecom
Fiber Solution Center

Notice: Content posted by Verizon employees is meant to be informational and does not supercede or change the Verizon Forums User Guidelines or Terms or Service, or your Customer Agreement Terms and Conditions or Plan.Follow us on Twitter™!

Gold Contributor VII
Gold Contributor VII
Message 3 of 4
(3,302 Views)

@VZ_JoeD wrote:

You would also be able to use an analog tuner card  in your PC to stream from the TV/Set Top Box to your desktop. 

Assumes you don't have a 6416 DVR which has no RF output to hook to the analog tuner. 

An additional option is if you have a a video capture card.

If a forum member gives an answer you like, give them the Kudos they deserve. If a member gives you the answer to your question, mark the answer as Accepted Solution so others can see the solution to the problem.
Silver Contributor III
Silver Contributor III
Message 4 of 4
(3,278 Views)

If you have a 6416 DVR you can use the Composite Output Jacks to connect to a VCR or DVD recorder.

If you are the original poster (OP) and your issue is solved, please remember to click the "Solution?" button so that others can more easily find it.
If anyone has been helpful to you, please show your appreciation by clicking the "Kudos" button.
How-To Videos

The following videos were produced by users like you!

Videos are subject to the Verizon Fios Community Terms of Service and User Guidelines and contains content that is not created by Verizon.

Browse Categories
Categories:
Verizon Troubleshooters
Unable to find your answer here? Try searching Verizon Troubleshooters for more options.