DVR with analog tv
larryslade
Enthusiast - Level 3

I just got a motorola QIP7232-p2 DVR. I have an analog tv. I've recorded and saved a lot of shows and it still shows my hard drive as 0% full. I'm not complaining, just curious. Also, is there just one recording speed?  On my DVD recorder I had a bunch of recording speeds. Thanks

0 Likes
1 Solution

Correct answers
Re: DVR with analog tv
Edg1
Community Leader
Community Leader

Moto 7232 DVR’s have a 500GB hard drive. So it is about 80 hours of HD and  probably upwards of 200 hours of SD. Maybe even more.  

If you only have a few SD programs on there it’s possible that it is less than 1%. 

View solution in original post

CRobGauth
Community Leader
Community Leader

One speed for recording. You do have the choice of recording SD or HD. HD would take more space than SD.

larryslade
Enthusiast - Level 3

Thanks for replying but my question was when I record a show in sd it doesn't take up space on the hard drive. I would assume there's a limit to the capacity of the hard drive with only sd content. Is there?

0 Likes
Edg1
Community Leader
Community Leader

Moto 7232 DVR’s have a 500GB hard drive. So it is about 80 hours of HD and  probably upwards of 200 hours of SD. Maybe even more.  

If you only have a few SD programs on there it’s possible that it is less than 1%. 

larryslade
Enthusiast - Level 3

That's what I wanted to know. Thank you very much.

0 Likes