DVR with more than 2 tuners?
onlinebrad
Enthusiast - Level 2

Are there plans to release a true whole home dvr?  Something with more than 2 tuners.  Directv has a box that can do 5 tuners.  I would love something like this with FIOS.

Re: DVR with more than 2 tuners?
jumpin68ny
Master - Level 2

HOPPER.  Love those Commercials.  FIOS needs something like this real soon, not the commericals but a DVR with more than 2.  Agree with you. 

0 Likes
prisaz
Legend

One more quarter and it will be a year since this youtube publication by Verizon. What is meant by pretty soon? Where are the media servers, and the smaller boxes? I believe this has been in the works long before this video was posted. What is the hold up? Can some one change my 2010 idea below from Maybe Later to In Progress, or "Coming along"?

Also is Cisco working on a similar product? Looking at Cisco diagnostics, they show two QAM and two IP tuners.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QogfVxtsOP8

We have all read and heard coming soon before.Smiley Frustrated

I believe something should not be announced like this until Verizon is close to launch. PR to pull in customers, because other venders are launching their product? Four tuner TiVo? Then Hopper, and now I hear DTV with 5. I believe Verizon has the power to overcome this. Based on your video, I believe you have them all beat once you put it out.Smiley Frustrated

All it does is create frustration for the consumer, and make Verizon look bad. I love my FiOS, but come on release the options.

Thank you

Mark

PS.

Vote here, and push this to be bumped up from Maybe Later! How can it be Maybe Later based on the youtube video?

This is my Idea from 8/1/2010. A bit more than a year later the video was published on Youtube.

http://forums.verizon.com/t5/Share-Your-Ideas-with-Verizon/New-DVR-with-more-than-two-tuners/idi-p/2...

0 Likes
onlinebrad
Enthusiast - Level 2

This would make me stay with FIOS.  I want to switch back to Directv, but I can't beat the price I get with FIOS currently.  But I suspect that since I have a "Free multi-room DRV" for life, that switching to a new many tuner DVR would end up getting rid of that perk, and make more overall value prop for FIOS go away.

0 Likes
PJL
Master - Level 3

@onlinebrad wrote:

This would make me stay with FIOS.  I want to switch back to Directv, but I can't beat the price I get with FIOS currently.  But I suspect that since I have a "Free multi-room DRV" for life, that switching to a new many tuner DVR would end up getting rid of that perk, and make more overall value prop for FIOS go away.

Not necessarily. When people upgrade to the higher capacity DVR (paying the $40 shipping and handling fee) I don't believe it changed the service charge.  It's like any equipment change like a swap out for a bad STB, etc.  You have the multi-room DVR service; the hardware you have doesn't change that.

0 Likes
echarper
Its all I can do to stay with FIOS.
Love the internet peed and hastle-free service; HOWEVER, my wife gets (loudly) frustrated about twice a week when two shows are recording and she wants to watch something live. Now that ALL the other services are actively advertising four to sign tuner devices, I don't know how long I can hold out.
Come on Verizon: get with it!!!
0 Likes
tns
Master - Level 2

Hopefully coming.  I don't remember if verizon has shown models that support it or not.  They did show some whole house type solutions, and maybe that one supports more channels.

0 Likes
heigh41
Enthusiast - Level 1
This needs to be released ASAP. I see all the commercials for the Hopper all this time and wish that Verizon would release something like it. Weren't we promised this by the end of the year anyway? At the very least, I would like to get an update on when
we can expect it to come out.