DVR won't power on
nosir1

My connection cut off in the middle of a show and when I tried to power the DVR back up, nothing happened. I tried resetting both the DVR and the router and still nothing. When I plug the DVR back in, I hear it start to power up, and I see a yellow ticking dot, but the clock never returns and I can't power on the DVR manually or with the remote. Any ideas?

0 Likes
Re: DVR won't power on
VzGnome

Sounds like the box may be toast. Are you plugging it directly into a power outlet or surge protector? If power outlet may have to call tech support for a new box.

0 Likes
Re: DVR won't power on
prisaz
Legend

@nosir wrote:

My connection cut off in the middle of a show and when I tried to power the DVR back up, nothing happened. I tried resetting both the DVR and the router and still nothing. When I plug the DVR back in, I hear it start to power up, and I see a yellow ticking dot, but the clock never returns and I can't power on the DVR manually or with the remote. Any ideas?

I noticed you posted at 2:30 AM. Verizon considers this to be a safe time to reset boxes. If you have a Motorola DVR, it may be getting the img 1.91 update and you interupted it. The update can take a long time. Hour maybe. Let it blink and see what happens after about one hour or so.

0 Likes