rbrioso

I just switched from Brighthouse digital to FIOS. The salesman told me my fios dvr would allow me to record 2 programs and watch a third. I cannot. Other FIOS customers I know say they can and I may have an incorrect DVR. verizon tech support just told me no dvr they provide can record two programs and watch a third. i am beginning to regret my switch to verizon. who is right?

0 Likes
Re: DVR
Justin46
Legend

@rbrioso wrote:

I just switched from Brighthouse digital to FIOS. The salesman told me my fios dvr would allow me to record 2 programs and watch a third. I cannot. Other FIOS customers I know say they can and I may have an incorrect DVR. verizon tech support just told me no dvr they provide can record two programs and watch a third. i am beginning to regret my switch to verizon. who is right?

You can record two programs and watch a previously recorded program on the DVR. You cannot record two programs and watch a live program on the DVR.

Keller, TX 76248

Re: DVR
GoBlue12

I was told that very same thing.  Record two and watch a third, but they don't specify that the third program needs to be one that is already recorded.   I have been playing games with these customer service people for a couple of years now, and I think they will just say what they need to say to make a sale and keep their jobs. 

Be careful if you ever have to call and talk to customer service about anything.  Every time I call it seems that they automatically add on additional services to my contract.  One time they added some kind of gaming thing, another time it was the internet security.  Then there's the 3 months of free movie channels.  If you get offered that they will say that you get the full movie package free for three months, which channels do you want to receive?  Then they read the list of movie channels.  Obviously (well to me anyway)  if they are free, then give them all to me!  Well, no.....they will say you get free Showtime but you have to pay for the other channels you wanted.   Unfortunately though, they don't say it when they are ordering it.  It will just show up on your bill.

Sorry to totally get off of your DVR topic.  I am just so tired of the way these people try to sell the services.  It has to be totally illegal,  the things that they have done to my account anyway.   I really think it comes from the top of the chain, that is what they tell them to do in training class.  It has happened to too many people the exact same way. 

So anyway, just watch your bill closely every month.  The add on the small $5.99 or so charges so sometimes you won't catch it if you don't look closely. 

Have a nice day!  Good luck to you.  Hopefully none of these things will happen to frustrate you as much as I have been frustrated by them today.  : )

0 Likes