Accessibility Resource Center Skip to main content
Get it fast with In-Store & Curbside Pickup or same day delivery.

DVR

cactus4rx
Contributor
Contributor

DVR

Message 1 of 2
(329 Views)

Does anyone else need a new DVR every 4 months or so?  1) Out of the blue it won't  record Day of Lives.   2) It will skip recording a new show on NBC. This week it was game night. 3) in time it will skip shows on ABC and Fox. 4) If you do nothing it will eventually totally crap out.  Resetting doesn't work. Putting the box back like new doesn't work.  This will be my 4th box in 15 months.  It looks to me like a software problem.  It is always the same.  Verizon needs to address this problem, or at least, have a box to check to just replace your DVR!  

1 REPLY 1
mm1
Silver Contributor II
Silver Contributor II

Re: DVR

Message 2 of 2
(283 Views)

I don't think that it is the dvrs themselves that are the issue. It may be a problem with the ont (optical network terminal) that needs to be replaced or perhaps it could have something to do with the coaxial connection to the dvr itself. The only way you can find out is if you have someone take a look at all of the connections. No one can say for sure until you have someone physically do a check of eveything that was installed in your home. If it is the dvr then perhaps you should look at another model because i seem to remember there being similar issues with the 7000 series boxes several years ago.

How-To Videos

The following videos were produced by users like you!

Videos are subject to the Verizon Fios Community Terms of Service and User Guidelines and contains content that is not created by Verizon.
Have a spare Fios-G1100?Learn how to bridge it into your network
Get Started

Covid19

Browse Categories
Categories:
Verizon Troubleshooters
Unable to find your answer here? Try searching Verizon Troubleshooters for more options.
Modal Dialogue Title