Dealing with Phantom Conflicts on the DVR
Johnellenbe
Enthusiast - Level 2

After some issues with my Tivo I decided to evaluate the FIOS DVR against my Tivo so I am running the two side by side for a while.   Although I am extremely underwhelmed with the Verizon DVR at this point I am trying to make the thing work because I was really looking forward to saying bye-bye to my Tivo.  

The issue I am dealing with is what I would call Phantom Conflicts.  I stare at the schedule and the DVR is randomly bumping programs for no logical reason.  There is no one minute overlap or other issue with the scheduled times.  Its almost as if it has occasional math errors and just randomly decides things are conflicting when they aren't

The Tivo is merrily recording the same shows with no conflict.  As folks probably know Tivo checks conflicts during the programming and offers you several choices to resolve them beforehand (and they are *real* conflicts).

Have people developed some technique for programming around these?   There are options for extending a recording time but none to trim so you force it to record (yes the Tivo has those options).

Is there a difference between the units they pass out?   Do some actually work better than this new Motorola?

0 Likes
Re: Dealing with Phantom Conflicts on the DVR
Anthony_VZ
Master - Level 3

I have not heard of or personally experienced these phantom conflicts. It doesn't sounds to be a software bug then or else there would be more complaints of this. Have you tried the auto correct on the box? Please press menu, then go to CUSTOMER SUPPORT, then IN HOME AGENT, then SET TOP BOX AUTO CORRECTION. Please let us know if further assistance is required.

0 Likes