Dear Lowell McAdam, Verizon CEO
Tarrant17011
Enthusiast - Level 1

I have been a loyal Verizon FiOS customer for 5 years, renewing my triple play FiOS contract this time and enjoying my service. Lately, I have been having trouble with my Verizon CableCARD being able to tune certain non-premium HD channels. When I called your tech support, your agent tried several attempted fixes but nothing worked. Finally, a visit by field tech agent was deemed to be necessary. The call took place on Wed 9/11, and we set an appointment for Friday 9/13 between 3-7pm.

I received confirmatory emails and text messages verifying the appointment window. I received a call from the field agent around 2:11pm confirming the appointment. As I write this, it is 8:34pm (that's correct - more than 90 min past the appointment window) on a FRIDAY NIGHT, and no word from the tech as to when or even IF he is coming.

I contacted your phone service agents, and I also Live chatted with your agents. No one can reach the tech as the "tech department is now closed." I have no way of knowing if the field agent is still coming, or how much longer it will take. I have been home for the past 6 hours, unable to go out, to shower, or do other activities for fear of missing his arrival.

Is this acceptable service? Is it reasonable to have a customer tied up for more than 6 hours without any idea of where/when a service agent would be coming? Would you tolerate an employee who kept you waiting for 2 hours past your meeting time?

At this point, I would like for my FiOS service to work as advertised. I'd like to be able to see the HD channels I have been paying for. I'd like for the CableCARD that I am renting from Verizon to function as intended. And, I'd like for an agent to RESPECT my time.

Thank you,

{edited for privacy}

0 Likes