Accessibility Resource Center Skip to main content
Get it fast with In-store & curbside pickup or same day delivery.

December 2020 - Delay with remote commands

JennCell
Contributor
Contributor

December 2020 - Delay with remote commands

Message 1 of 3
(533 Views)

For some reason over the last week or two there has been an awful delay between the remote and the tv. It's on both my main (DVR) box and my mini box in another room so it's not the box. If you press function (guide, pause, select a show, etc.) it takes about 5-10 seconds for anything to happen.  When pressing pause during a show (live or DVR) it doesn't pause for a few seconds after hitting pause. The delay in communication is AWFUL!!!

2 REPLIES 2
clem53
Gold Contributor III Gold Contributor III
Gold Contributor III

Re: December 2020 - Delay with remote commands

Message 2 of 3
(513 Views)

@JennCell wrote:

For some reason over the last week or two there has been an awful delay between the remote and the tv. It's on both my main (DVR) box and my mini box in another room so it's not the box. If you press function (guide, pause, select a show, etc.) it takes about 5-10 seconds for anything to happen.  When pressing pause during a show (live or DVR) it doesn't pause for a few seconds after hitting pause. The delay in communication is AWFUL!!!

See this thread:

https://forums.verizon.com/t5/Fios-TV-Technical-Assistance/Sept-2020-Fios-DVR-and-Guide-Update/td-p/...

JennCell
Contributor
Contributor

Re: December 2020 - Delay with remote commands

Message 3 of 3
(497 Views)

Clem53 - Thank you for adding the other post to mine. I guess I overlooked it before posting. This new upgrade is the 2nd worse they ever put out. The first is when they thought they should upgrade the guide which isn't any better as I like the old guide.

Again, Thank you for adding the link. Happy Holidays.

How-To Videos

The following videos were produced by users like you!

Videos are subject to the Verizon Fios Community Terms of Service and User Guidelines and contains content that is not created by Verizon.
Covid19

Browse Categories
Categories:
Verizon Troubleshooters
Unable to find your answer here? Try searching Verizon Troubleshooters for more options.