Default Turn on Channel
mmgmalta1

No matter how many times I set it to "Last Channel Viewed" the turn on channel is 501!  It is very annoying.... why is this happening?

0 Likes
Re: Default Turn on Channel
TomH121
Community Leader
Community Leader

All I can tell you is that these settings have been working for me.

I don't recall specifically setting it up this way...must have been a default setup they established.

Main Menu>Guide>Settings>Last viewed state>the Disable has a check mark

My Set Top Box is :

HD/DVR 7216-P2

Please note that I never turn off my STB's
If you are the original poster (OP) and your issue is solved, please remember to let all of us know and click the "Accept as Solution" button so that others can more easily find it. If anyone has been helpful to you, please show your appreciation by clicking the "Kudos" button.

0 Likes
shapdad

I had the same issue and it turned out it was because my DVR was recording two channels at once while I was away so it had to tune to that channel and then that was the channel I was seeing when I turned on the tv. Might be the same issue for you.

0 Likes
CRobGauth
Community Leader
Community Leader

Why bother turning box off?

It doesnt save any electricity.

0 Likes
qbacsg

Lately, I noticed that when I turn on my TV the channel that comes up is 501 FIOS, which I don't like.  I contacted Fios Support to get help to NO AVAIL--pathetic!

Luckily, I found a solution, which reverts to the last viewed channel.  In other words, when I turn on my TV now the channel that comes up is the LAST VIEWED CHANNEL.

Here's what I did:

Menu>Settings>System>Television

Scroll all the way to the bottom to an option called:  Last Viewed Guide State and hit OK, then select (check) the DISABLE OPTION and hit OK.

Turn off the tv and then back on.  The channel on the screen should be the last one you viewed.

It worked for me.  Hopefully it will work for others too.

0 Likes
LawrenceC
Moderator Emeritus

As this thread is now over two years old, it will be locked in order to keep discussions current. If you have the same or a similar question/issue we invite you to start a new thread on the topic.

0 Likes