Re: Default channel set to 501 - FIOS News.
cbaylis
Enthusiast - Level 1

I have a model VMS1100  ARRIS.

thanks for your help.

carl

0 Likes
CRobGauth
Community Leader
Community Leader

You can find the default power on channel under menu-settings-system- Media Server.

Options are Fios 1 or last channel.

MsPatR
Enthusiast - Level 1

Hi,  I hope you can help.  I have a CHS335HDC.

0 Likes
JanetInNJ
Enthusiast - Level 2

I have been having this issue since my last upgrade (several days ago).  I had it happen after a previous upgrade, so I knew about the option in the menu.

However,  no matter how many times I set power on channel to "previously viewed," box turns on to Fios 1.  I called about it and tech told me to try setting it to "Fios 1" and turning it off and back on.  Then change it to "last viewed" and it should work.

Well, it doesn't.  I have tried doing it numerous times and it still comes on to "Fios 1." 

I feel like I'm in a resort where every time you turn on the TV, it comes on as the "resort info" channel.

Does anyone have any suggestions?

0 Likes
cbaylis
Enthusiast - Level 1

as previously answered by crobgauth:

You can find the default power on channel under menu-settings-system- Media Server.

Options are Fios 1 or last channel.

0 Likes
MsPatR
Enthusiast - Level 1

Thank you.  I finally don't see FIOS1 at least on my main tv.  Now I just need to fix the other tvs.

0 Likes
MsPatR
Enthusiast - Level 1

I thought I was doing something wrong.  It goes to FIOS1 when I turn it on but the menu says that the power on channel is the last channel I watched.  Anyone now have any ideas?

0 Likes
Speedy13
Enthusiast - Level 3

Try Menu/Customer Suport/Top Support Tools/Fix FiOS TV Issues - it will reset and reboot the box(s) you have.

JanetInNJ
Enthusiast - Level 2

Thank you!  I had already tried unplugging box and resetting it that way, which didn't work.  I just reset it using the Customer Support/fix TV issues and it looks like it worked.

I'm so glad.

0 Likes
JanetInNJ
Enthusiast - Level 2

Looks like I spoke too soon.  I turn on the box, it BRIEFLY shows last viewed channel number then immediately switches to 501.

I guess I'll just have to live with it.

Extremely annoying.

0 Likes