Accessibility Resource Center Skip to main content
Get it fast with In-store & curbside pickup or same day delivery.

Default power on channel BESIDES last viewed or FIOS1?

gsanders300
Contributor
Contributor

Default power on channel BESIDES last viewed or FIOS1?

Message 1 of 8
(2,475 Views)

I'd like to have my cable box automatically turn on to a specific channel (in my case, because I have kids, NickJr/754) rather than last channel viewed or FIOS1.  Does anyone know how to do this?

7 REPLIES 7
CRobGauth
Platinum Contributor III Platinum Contributor III
Platinum Contributor III

Re: Default power on channel BESIDES last viewed or FIOS1?

Message 2 of 8
(2,426 Views)

Doesn't have the option.

If you know you are going to turn on at a specific time, you can go to the program/chanel and set a reminder.

But to just randomly turn on and go to a specific channel, no.

If a forum member gives an answer you like, give them the Kudos they deserve. If a member gives you the answer to your question, mark the answer as Accepted Solution so others can see the solution to the problem.
Puckyhuddle
Contributor
Contributor

Message 3 of 8
(1,530 Views)

It does (or did) have this option because I set it to turn to NBC when powered on.  Now I want to change this but there does not seem to be the option any longer. 

HelpPlease_01
Contributor
Contributor

Message 4 of 8
(1,068 Views)

I’m having the same issue.  I had Fios TV installed yesterday and set a default channel which I want to change.  I can’t remember how I set the channel as a default but I can NOT figure it out how to change the default channel again.  I can’t find it anywhere.  I just did it yesterday.  Any help would be appreciated.  

clem53
Gold Contributor III Gold Contributor III
Gold Contributor III

Message 5 of 8
(1,044 Views)

Settings, System, Fios TV One settings, Power on Channel. Set to what you want to see when box powers back on.

epie
Nickel Contributor
Nickel Contributor

Message 6 of 8
(397 Views)

Hello - I am having this same issue.  I set channel when I initially installed Fios One box however I cannot find setting to turn this off.  I have gone into Settings—>System—>Fios TV One Settings and I do not see an option to toggle this channel.  I see an “Auto Power Off” setting that allows me to prevent the box from going into standby but nothing regarding default channel.

clem53
Gold Contributor III Gold Contributor III
Gold Contributor III

Message 7 of 8
(393 Views)

@epie wrote:

Hello - I am having this same issue.  I set channel when I initially installed Fios One box however I cannot find setting to turn this off.  I have gone into Settings—>System—>Fios TV One Settings and I do not see an option to toggle this channel.  I see an “Auto Power Off” setting that allows me to prevent the box from going into standby but nothing regarding default channel.

Menu>settings>system>media client settings>power on channel. Not sure if it lets you choose a specific channel anymore though.

LawrenceC
Moderator Moderator

Message 8 of 8
(366 Views)

As this thread is now over two years old, it will be locked in order to keep discussions current. If you have the same or a similar question/issue we invite you to start a new thread on the topic.

How-To Videos

The following videos were produced by users like you!

Videos are subject to the Verizon Fios Community Terms of Service and User Guidelines and contains content that is not created by Verizon.
Covid19

Browse Categories
Categories:
Verizon Troubleshooters
Unable to find your answer here? Try searching Verizon Troubleshooters for more options.