Descriptive video service on during DVR program.
8ball1

We went to watch Grimm off of our dvr today only to find out that it has the descriptive video service turned on. It is off in our settings and we did not activate this in anyway. The show is basically unwatchable now. Is there a way to turn this off for a DVRd show? Why would it be on even though our settings aren't on for this service?

0 Likes
Re: Descriptive video service on during DVR program.
Anthony_VZ
Master - Level 3

I am sorry, but if the DVS is currently turned off, has been off, and the show recorded with that on, it sounds like a broadcast problem. I am sorry this renders your show unwatchable. Thankfully we carry this show in the On Demand to watch for free so you won't miss it. We currently have the entire first season and the first two episodes of the second season.

0 Likes
lccalvert_1999

This is happening to me during movies on TBS.  Right now, I'm watching the Ricky Bobby Movie.  It has descriptive audio commentary.  It's terrible.  This also happened last week as well... don't remember which movie it was.  Not sure if this is an issue for all movies on TBS.  It is very annoying.

My DVS setting is Off.  How can Verizon help with this?

0 Likes
Hubrisnxs
Legend

SAP can come from two places, it sounds like you checked the set top box, are you sure it's not turned on in your TV settings?   

KSEVERN

Same thing is happening at my house!   TNT has descriptive audio commentary.  I hate it!.  Like the other person that posted above, my DVS setting is Off but I'm hearing the Descriptive Audio.  How can Verizon help with this?

0 Likes
leases

I am having the same problem on all 4 tvs in my house, and the DVS setting is OFF on set top box and each tv as well. I can sometimes get it to stop by changing channel and then changing it back, other times I try turing DVS ON, then toggling it back OFF...neither option works every time, so I am constantly battling with the menus and miss most of the TV show...it is infuriating. I did find an announcement from Turner Broadcasting online that makes it sound like the provider needs to adjust something on their end to make it less invasive to their customers...Verizon, what is the plan??? I am about ready to discontinue  FIOS completely...

Change in Turner Networks delivery of Descriptive Video Service for TNT HD and TBS HD
Please be advised that on June 24th TBS E & W HD, and TNT E & W HD will consolidate Spanish and DVS
audio delivery, with English Main programming fill when neither are present, onto the second audio
programming (SAP) track of our HD distribution services. These changes will occur at 9:00A EDT for
East Feeds and 9:00 PDT for West feeds.  This change is being made to eliminate confusion for DVS
viewers by presenting the selection of DVS and Spanish in the method comparable to our peers who
are under DVS delivery requirements. TBS HD and TNT HD will continue to deliver DVS with English
fill as a discreet audio on the third audio channel using the ISO 639 "POR"  Language Descriptor as
an option for distributors to develop a dedicated DVS viewer solution. Please feel free to contact
me if you have any
questions or concerns.

0 Likes
CRobGauth
Community Leader
Community Leader

I watch TBS all the time (at least Conan) and never have an issue.

If they have been consolidated, check to see if there is a setting for SAP.

Might be coming in that way.

I will check my settings when I get home.

0 Likes
ElizabethS
Moderator Emeritus

As this thread is now over two years old, it will be locked in order to keep discussions current. If you have the same or a similar question/issue we invite you to start a new thread on the topic.

0 Likes