Accessibility Resource Center Skip to main content
Get it fast with In-store & curbside pickup or same day delivery.

Detailed DVR Guide?

lesleyr
Contributor
Contributor

Detailed DVR Guide?

Message 1 of 4
(9,182 Views)

I am an experienced DVR user -- Tivo, Comcast, Dish.  I am new to FIOS and I am frustrated because I can't find any detailed instructions about DVR use.  For example, I want to know how long you can pause live TV (e.g. on my Tivo I can pause for 30 minutes and then it starts playing).  Can I pause one channel, swap to another and pause that and then go back to the first?  Will it still be paused?  If I'm watching a recorded show is there a limit to how long I can pause it?  Does it matter if the show is in progress?

I recorded the football game today and starting watching at the beginning while the game was in progress.  I paused and left the room for some time and when I returned it had jumped to live TV, far ahead of what I had previously seen.  This doesn't happen on any of the other 3 DVRs I have used.  What did I do wrong?

Can anyone answer these questions?  Is there a guide? 

Thanks!

3 REPLIES 3
cjacobs001
Silver Contributor III
Silver Contributor III

Re: Detailed DVR Guide?

Message 2 of 4
(9,171 Views)
MRR21
Contributor
Contributor

Message 3 of 4
(9,128 Views)

I agree.  The guide shows how to set up but not how to use the DVR.  How do you delete a show that was recorded?  Many other questions--where can you find the information on how to use?   Thanks.

Keyboards
Gold Contributor VII
Gold Contributor VII

Message 4 of 4
(9,096 Views)

@MRR21 wrote:

I agree.  The guide shows how to set up but not how to use the DVR.  How do you delete a show that was recorded?  Many other questions--where can you find the information on how to use?   Thanks.

Have you tried the help selection under the DVR menu?  I believe there are on-demand tutorials that might help you better understand the DVR.

If a forum member gives an answer you like, give them the Kudos they deserve. If a member gives you the answer to your question, mark the answer as Accepted Solution so others can see the solution to the problem.
How-To Videos

The following videos were produced by users like you!

Videos are subject to the Verizon Fios Community Terms of Service and User Guidelines and contains content that is not created by Verizon.
Have a spare Fios-G1100?Learn how to bridge it into your network
Get Started

Covid19

Browse Categories
Categories:
Verizon Troubleshooters
Unable to find your answer here? Try searching Verizon Troubleshooters for more options.