Accessibility Resource Center Skip to main content
Have a phone you love? Get up to $500 when you bring your phone.

Digital Adapter questions?

EntourageV
Copper Contributor
Copper Contributor

Digital Adapter questions?

Message 1 of 17
(7,142 Views)
I am thinking about switching to FiOS. My problem is that with cable you can run it to different TV's by splitting to other TV's. You only get basic cable. My question is that if i get FiOS can i split like i did with cable OR do i have to get a digital adapter and split from that? Thank you all that reply
16 REPLIES 16
Techman28
Gold Contributor IV
Gold Contributor IV

Re: Digital Adapter questions?

Message 2 of 17
(7,138 Views)
you would need at least the digital adapter however if you get a Triple play with verizon you get 2 digital adapters at no charge
EntourageV
Copper Contributor
Copper Contributor

Message 3 of 17
(7,134 Views)
So i could split to two TV's with one adapter, correct?
Techman28
Gold Contributor IV
Gold Contributor IV

Message 4 of 17
(7,131 Views)
I suppose you could but they would essentially be on the same channel and if it was changed the other TV would change as well
EntourageV
Copper Contributor
Copper Contributor

Message 5 of 17
(7,125 Views)
Thank you for your reply and answer. I will definately look into that Triple Play and the two free adapters. If i sign up do i automatically get the adapters when they install or do i have to send something out to get it credited to my account?
EntourageV
Copper Contributor
Copper Contributor

Message 6 of 17
(7,123 Views)
Do i need a special splitter from the adapter or just a regular splitter i have used with cable?
Techman28
Gold Contributor IV
Gold Contributor IV

Message 7 of 17
(7,083 Views)

no you do not need a special splitter or adapter also the 2 digital adapters would be on the order as DCT 700's so the Installer should have them ready to install

Message Edited by Techman28 on 07-13-2009 10:15 AM
BrianMcD
Silver Contributor III
Silver Contributor III

Message 8 of 17
(7,066 Views)

I currently have the FIOS Triple Play with a HD STB and the MR DVR.

When I went to order an additional Digital Adapter for a 3rd TV Set I was chanrged, and continue to be charged, $3.99 per month for the DCT-700.  How do I get this changed and get credit for the previous months billing ?

If you are the original poster (OP) and your issue is solved, please remember to click the "Solution?" button so that others can more easily find it.
If anyone has been helpful to you, please show your appreciation by clicking the "Kudos" button.
jmcohen23
Silver Contributor II
Silver Contributor II

Message 9 of 17
(7,066 Views)

keep in mind (from what I have read), that Comcast will soon no longer allow you to view their channels without a box of some kind.

I was unaware that verizon is offering free digital adapters now.  however, from my experience with them, they are awful.  very slow to react, quality is poor, and you cannot even view the channel number.  if you plan on using the tvs with the digital adapters more than once a week, then I would highly recommend going with their standard digital box instead.

also, consider this as well, if your tvs have a a QAM tuner, then you will be able to get the local channels without a box/adapter.

You've got to be very careful if you don't know where you're going, because you might not get there. --Yogi Berra
BrianMcD
Silver Contributor III
Silver Contributor III

Message 10 of 17
(7,063 Views)
The Digital Adapter is perfect for my use with an Older ReplayTV DVR that I have a Lifetime Subscription On.  I get my guide information from ReplayTV and use an IR Blaster to change to the appropriate channel.  If I can get a 2nd one for free I may liven up an old TV that I have in the basement.
If you are the original poster (OP) and your issue is solved, please remember to click the "Solution?" button so that others can more easily find it.
If anyone has been helpful to you, please show your appreciation by clicking the "Kudos" button.
How-To Videos

The following videos were produced by users like you!

Videos are subject to the Verizon Fios Community Terms of Service and User Guidelines and contains content that is not created by Verizon.
Have a spare Fios-G1100?Learn how to bridge it into your network
Get Started

Covid19

Browse Categories
Categories:
Verizon Troubleshooters
Unable to find your answer here? Try searching Verizon Troubleshooters for more options.
Modal Dialogue Title