Digital adapter not getting all channels
Songbird69
Enthusiast - Level 2

We had the fios tv installed yesterday.

We got one STB and 2 digital adapters.

One of the digital adapters is not getting all the channels.  I would think that the tech should have made

sure all equipment was working, but I guess not.

I can see my adapters online and there is a "health check" and re-set button.

should I try to use those? or maybe the remote needs to be "activated" again? I want to be able to fix these things without calling and this forum has been a great help to me.

Also, with comcast we were able to get local channels through the coax without a box.  this is not the case with fios.

We asked the tech if he could put in another digital adapter and he said "no, we had to call and order them". I found it hard think he had no other equipment on his truck...

so, I see that I can order it online.  It says $3.99.  If I order it this way, do they mail it to me and I set it up myself?

or do they charge you to come in and set up the box? which is not really necessary in my opinion.

Thanks in advance for all responses

0 Likes
Re: Digital adapter not getting all channels
ohpoleez
Contributor - Level 2

Hi, with the adapter that is not getting all the channels, try this. Unplug it for 2 - 3 minutes.  If that fails to work then yes, try the health check and reset button. What channels are you getting? Anything above channel 49?

Yes you can order the box online. It would be mailed to you and you set it up. It is very easy to do. Just follow the instructions to hook it up and then once that is done to activate it. 

0 Likes
Songbird69
Enthusiast - Level 2

thanks!

I will give it a try when I get home

I wanted to watch 196, which is E! channel

I would safely say there was nothing above 49.  I was able to watch local channels.

0 Likes
Hubrisnxs
Legend

It kinda sounds like the box wasn't fully activated,  after you try a reboot, you may want to call into vz to see if it was fully activated.   If you have the in home agent from verizon (www.verizon.com/connect)   I think you can do package reloads using that software.  not 100% on that, but it's worth a try if you can avoid calling into tech support.   you just download that to your PC and then there are options for TV or Video stuff in there.

0 Likes
spacedebris
Master - Level 2

If your not getting any channels above 49, that just means the box didnt get the activation signal. The package reloads wont work, it needs the full activation signal.  Just call tech support and they will re-send the activation to that box and that will take care of it

0 Likes
VZ_Frank
Contributor - Level 2

Hello songbird69,

If you send me your stb serial  number in a private message i could reactivate it for you

0 Likes
Songbird69
Enthusiast - Level 2

thank you all for the responses.

I did call and they tried to re-set the box several times.

It ends up that they will send me a new box.

the install tech should not have left ny house without making sure all boxes were working

but I wont hold that against the whole company

the techs on the phone were nice and called me back two times

0 Likes