Direct Kick Blackout
superflyer1

I'm in the Philadelpha TV market, we have our own team, and I live well outside the NY Red Bulls defined market, but Reb Bull games are blacked out on my Direct Kick package. This has to be an error because I never had this happen before when subscribing. Why are these games blacked out?

0 Likes
Re: Direct Kick Blackout
Anthony_VZ
Master - Level 3

I have sent you a private message.

0 Likes
MiMeQu21
Contributor - Level 3

If someone could let me know as well, that would be great.

I live in Central PA, closer to Philly than D.C., yet for some reason, I have D.C. United games blacked out.  I was told it was because D.C. has its games on a regional sports network.  However, in Central PA, Verizon doesn't offer that regional sports channel.  So I can't see the games on regular TV yet I still can't see them if I pay for them.  Doesn't make sense.

0 Likes
Peter_VZ
Contributor - Level 1

Hello, unfortunately we do not control which sports programs are blacked out and which a viewable. That decision is made by the respective sports leagues. Usually they have an arrangement with what would be considered the local network to not allow sporting events to be aired on other networks at the same time, regardless of if other cable providers in the area carry the network. I would not have any information as to the specifics here, but if it is blacked out it is because it isn't being sent to us.

Thank you,

Peter C.

0 Likes
superflyer1

Peter, you do have control over this, your black out in my case is just wrong. I never had this issue with Comcast or DirecTV. I think you are lazily treating all of NJ the same way. . We HAVE a team in Philadelphia, my market, and I do not have access to MSG in my package. Its a simple fix, don't be lazy. The MLS office in NY will be happy to confirm this so you can fix it by tomorrow.

0 Likes