information bar on DVR
WonderWarthog
Enthusiast - Level 1

How can one disable the information bar when watching a DVR?  It is especially annoying that it shows up now when you jump - it didn't used to.  And I don't need to see that I jumped 10 seconds each time.  There should be an option to disable this nonsense completely.

Re: information bar on DVR
clem21
Community Leader
Community Leader

@WonderWarthog wrote:

How can one disable the information bar when watching a DVR?  It is especially annoying that it shows up now when you jump - it didn't used to.  And I don't need to see that I jumped 10 seconds each time.  There should be an option to disable this nonsense completely.

Try Menu>notifications>guide banner>disable.

Re: information bar on DVR
WonderWarthog
Enthusiast - Level 1

I already had it set to 'disable'.  That apparently doesn't matter when watching DVR.

Re: Disable information bar
Skizzie11
Enthusiast - Level 2

I already had the Now & Next Guide set to ZERO seconds because in the settings under zero it states “press ok to TURN OFF the Now & Next guide display during channel changes”. BUT IT DOES NOT WORK. It stayed up on the screen for a really long time under zero. So I changed it to 2 seconds and it goes away quicker.
I HATE THIS NEW FIOS because I spend so much time pushing exit, pushing info, pushing options, pushing settings and I never get to actually watch anything! I am looking at xfinity or anyone else at this point. FIOS SUCKS!

RG625
Enthusiast - Level 3

Agree. This information bar is a DISASTER:

- Way too big, Takes-up a THIRD of the screen, fonts are too large

- But the font for the current channel/network is too small.

- No logo for current channel. RIDICULOUS! This is an INFORMATION BAR!

- Too slow

- THIS IS AN INFORMATION BAR. NOT A GUIDE. SO PLEASE REMOVE THE SCHEDULED SHOWS.

- THERE IS NO SEPARATION.

- VERY POORLY DESIGNED. WHAT A DISASTER.

RG625
Enthusiast - Level 3

Not only is the Channel/network name in a small text size compared to everything else in the Information Bar (WITH NO CHANNEL LOGO), but it DOESN'T EVEN SPELL OUT THE CHANNEL!!!!! It's an abbreviation of the name. Also, it's SO SLOW. Whatever channel you're tuned to is delayed in the Information Bar. TOTALLY CONFUSING AND FRUSTRATING!!!!!! You people REALLY RUINED a decently working function.

CRobGauth
Community Leader
Community Leader

According to a post in the thread about the IMG changes, there is a release rolling out as we speak. Check Sept 2020 Fios DVR and Guide Update solution post

Skizzie11
Enthusiast - Level 2

The update that they released on Oct 23 doesn’t seem to have fixed much of anything to me, anyone else see changes???

Why does it have to be soooo hard to actually find the display settings that need to be fixed?

But most importantly...WHEN WILL WE RECEIVE NEW REMOTE CONTROLS THAT ACTUALLY WORK WITH THIS JUNK SYSTEM NOW???

RG625...Wow, I couldn’t have said it better myself. You hit the nail on the head on everything. Exactly what I was thinking. Thank you!

RG6251
Enthusiast - Level 3

Thanks. Usernames RG625 and RG6251 are both mine. (I changed my email and it made me choose a new username)

Anyway, it's really a shame. I have the VMS1100 and changing the Now and Next bar (previously called the Information Bar) to 0 seconds totally disables the bar. But now, there's no way to tell what channel you're on or what show you're watching!!

After disabling the Now and Next bar, it does not in ANY WAY, speed the channel switching process. It's still as slow as molasses. You gotta laugh.

0 Likes
TruthAndHonesty

Once upon a time, via Settings, you could reduce the display time to 0 seconds and never see it.  An obvious choice.

However/BUT with the 2022 software, the Info Bar (plus a -/+ indicator) is displayed for at least 1 second EVERY TIME the skip or replay button is pressed.  WHY??????  WHY??????   WHY??????   We ALL know what we are watching and that we just pressed the Skip or Replay button.   This stupid marketing trap to remind us of the Network only serves to drive customers AWAY.  Verizon is proving itself as a cow to marketing demands.  DO WHAT MAKES SENSE FOR YOUR PAID CUSTOMERS!!!!!!!

0 Likes