Disappointed in FIOS TV
ItsCorey

I recently had Fios installed my new apartment and it worked well for a couple weeks. It has been hell since then. The TV in my living room has not worked for two weeks due to set top box issues (being stuck on the loading screen). I had had a technician out last week and he replaced a splitter he said was bad. The next day I get home from work and the TV has the same issue. I called Verizon and they can't give me specific times that a technician will be available to come out and try and fix the same issue AGAIN. The only times they give me are 8AM to 8PM. I now have to take off of work Friday to wait for a technician to fix the issue.

Has anyone else had issues like this? I am not in a contract and seriously thinking about switching to Comcast.

0 Likes
Re: Disappointed in FIOS TV
Williamh85

Known issue with some STBs doing that, Call, they need to Cold Init it and give it 30 mins and see if it works, If not U need a new STB, IF u are using an HDMI cable change to a differnet cable, reset power to STB and see if it boots as well. There doing an update that fixes the IMG lag and its been causing the weird issue. Not cabling/spliter issue though no need for a tech.

0 Likes
Re: Disappointed in FIOS TV
ItsCorey

I've called tech support numerous times and have tried everything they've told me. I've reset the box and even switched the cables going from my router to my box. I have even switched the box from my living room to my bed room and they both work in the bedroom, but neither work in the living room. The cable that goes to the living room box also has the router on it but the router works fine...

0 Likes