Switch Account

Dish Network or Fios TV?

Dish Network or Fios TV?

Highlighted
Contributor
Contributor
Message 1 of 5
(9,239 Views)
Dish network keeps trying to get me to come back. I like the Fios but lost a few Channels.  I miss the Golf Channel which was in Dish Networks standard programming but on fios its 8 dollars more per month.  Th reason I switched was for the HD offer,cant hardly watch regular definition anymore. Who is better?
4 REPLIES 4
Copper Contributor
Copper Contributor
Message 2 of 5
(9,224 Views)
I too have switched form Dish to FIOS back in January, and I have never looked back since. Dish tried to get me back they called almost every day for about two weeks, but I am really happy with FIOS. The PQ is way better than Dish, and now that they have added more HD channels (100 in the NY area) I am a happy camper. As for the Golf Channels, are you sure is $8.00 a month? I subscribe to the sport package (I actually subscribe to the everything packageSmiley Happy) and it's only $7.00 a month but it's not just the Golf Channel it's all the sport's channels available, with the exception of Setanta.
Message Edited by dimi1963 on 08-08-2008 08:17 AM
Highlighted
Bronze Contributor II
Bronze Contributor II
Message 3 of 5
(9,209 Views)
I think your both getting screwed. I have the Premier movie package and recnely added the sports package and it is costing me $5.00 a month extra. They also boosted my 5/2 internet speed to 10/2 at no extra cost.
Joe was here
Highlighted
Contributor
Contributor
Message 4 of 5
(9,173 Views)
That is true you do get more than just the Golf Channel for your $8.  But golf is probably the only one i would watch. Just dont want to get nickel and dimed to death. Dish is also calling me at least twice a week to try and get me to come back....I think I will stick with Fios......
Highlighted
Contributor
Contributor
Message 5 of 5
(9,176 Views)
As far as us getting screwed..... maybe but when I signed up they boosted my internet from 5/2  to 20/20 for the same price.  Part of having the Triple freedom package..... Internet TV and Home phone .... you also can add wireless for even a better rate
How-To Videos

The following videos were produced by users like you!

Videos are subject to the Verizon Fios Community Terms of Service and User Guidelines and contains content that is not created by Verizon.
Covid19

Browse Categories
Categories:
Verizon Troubleshooters
Unable to find your answer here? Try searching Verizon Troubleshooters for more options.