Distorted Audio

Highlighted
Contributor
Contributor

Distorted Audio

Message 1 of 3
(205 Views)

I have 2 TVs connected to Fios and one has started to consistently have terrible distorted sound (think slow motion horror movies).  It previously happened when I was accessing Netflix and then switched back to Fios.  This problem started right after the update that was just done.  Verizon tech had me go through disconnecting and turning off the box and that initially worked.  Now, the sound problem is back.  Any recommendations?

2 REPLIES 2
Highlighted
Gold Contributor III Gold Contributor III
Gold Contributor III

Re: Distorted Audio

Message 2 of 3
(180 Views)

@NA07950 wrote:

I have 2 TVs connected to Fios and one has started to consistently have terrible distorted sound (think slow motion horror movies).  It previously happened when I was accessing Netflix and then switched back to Fios.  This problem started right after the update that was just done.  Verizon tech had me go through disconnecting and turning off the box and that initially worked.  Now, the sound problem is back.  Any recommendations?

Check in the audio options menu and see if you can enable passthrough. That could help. If not give the box a power-cycle, unplug power for 2 minutes, plug it back in.

Highlighted
Contributor
Contributor

Re: Distorted Audio

Message 3 of 3
(111 Views)

We have had this issue since it was installed.  At first you could switch channels a few times and it would go away.  It has become increasingly worse and Verizon has been no help.  To get the privilege of "chatting" with some on on the app I have waited 30-45 minutes.  Have gone through the power up and power down with them.  I requested a new box that I will have to install myself - I have spent at least three hours troubleshooting this.  I have two free evenings a week that I would like to just veg and watch some TV with my family and it has been impossible.

If this box does not fix the issue I will get rid of FIOS.  I will report when I receive the box.

How-To Videos

The following videos were produced by users like you!

Videos are subject to the Verizon Fios Community Terms of Service and User Guidelines and contains content that is not created by Verizon.
Covid19

Browse Categories
Categories:
Verizon Troubleshooters
Unable to find your answer here? Try searching Verizon Troubleshooters for more options.