Switch Account

Do HD boxes come with HDMI connection?

Do HD boxes come with HDMI connection?

SOLVED
Copper Contributor mrgooch
Copper Contributor
Message 1 of 4
(1,860 Views)

With a new install do the HD boxes have an HDMI connection and cable? No DVR just standard box.

3 REPLIES 3
Highlighted
Silver Contributor II
Silver Contributor II
Message 2 of 4
(1,850 Views)

According to their manuals, all 8 HD models of STB and DVRs have both HDMI and coaxial cable outputs. However, I know personally that my old model 6416 is an HD DVR and does not have a coaxial cable output. I used to use a composite to coaxial cable adapter (supplied at the time of install, but also available for about $20) before I got a new TV. So the answer is yours will probably have both, but may not have coaxial cable output.

Or did I mis-read the question? If you were asking if they came with an HDMI cable, the answer is that the installer will usually supply all the necessary accessories to get you up and running. When I got my first HD box (self-install) they sent me an HDMI cable with it.

Find this post helpful, informative or just something you agree with? Click the red ‘thumbs-up’ button.
Did this post solve your problem? Click the green ‘Accept as Solution’ button.

Highlighted
Copper Contributor mrgooch
Copper Contributor
Message 3 of 4
(1,807 Views)

I am only interested in the HDMI hook up with the box.

Highlighted
Platinum Contributor III Platinum Contributor III
Platinum Contributor III
Message 4 of 4
(1,802 Views)

All the HD boxes support HDMI then.  They also currently all support coaxial COMPONENT connections, although the movie industry wants to make component supprot of hd go away (they succeeding in making it go away with blu-ray players now being manufactured).

How-To Videos

The following videos were produced by users like you!

Videos are subject to the Verizon Fios Community Terms of Service and User Guidelines and contains content that is not created by Verizon.

Browse Categories
Categories:
Verizon Troubleshooters
Unable to find your answer here? Try searching Verizon Troubleshooters for more options.